aaa Best quality Synth VSTs - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

15-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Best quality Synth VSTs

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/23             02-May-02  @  01:27 AM   -   Best quality Synth VSTs

mcerqueira

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi,

In your opinion which are the best quality Synth VSTs out there?

I've got Roland Sound Canvas, etc, but some more experienced users say that it is crap...

Cheers,

Mcerqueira

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/23             02-May-02  @  02:07 AM   -   RE: Best quality Synth VSTs

influx

Link?: Link

get reaktor, man. Or absynth when its on PC.

youll never need another one I dont think.

Message 3/23             02-May-02  @  01:10 PM   -   RE: Best quality Synth VSTs

k

Link?:  No link

blimey - well just like with hardware, for s/w it's also a rather 'pointed' question, subjective, because like hardware, they each have their 'thing' - whatever works....

Message 4/23             02-May-02  @  05:37 PM   -   RE: Best quality Synth VSTs

sitar

Link?:  Link

The thing about Sound Canvas is it's loaded with GM sounds which are not overly exciting. I agree on Reaktor. It pumps out a beautiful analog sound, comes with lots of very useable modules..subtractive, FM, sequencers, wavetable, granular, fx,...awesome stuff. Some of them emulate real synths like the SH101 and the Matrix Modular. You can make your own with it too, so the sky's the limit, and you can download user modules that other users have made. I got some really nice stuff from there.

Message 5/23             02-May-02  @  05:39 PM   -   RE: Best quality Synth VSTs

sitar

Almost forgot, drum machines too.
Depends on your budget of course. If Reaktor is out of range for you at the moment, I'm sure there are other good suggestions.

Message 6/23             02-May-02  @  07:12 PM   -   RE: Best quality Synth VSTs

moho

Yeup, anything Native Instruments.

Message 7/23             02-May-02  @  09:19 PM   -   RE: Best quality Synth VSTs

xoxos

the freewares from aska, tobybear and mda sound sweet to my ears.. sweeter than any of the moneywares i've demo'ed yet. oscs and filters too. try drum dragon for 909 kicks.. yowtch!!! my pro-one is sorta envious.

actually, hearing fm 100% noiseless is loads of fun, and there's a lot of 'em out there.

Message 8/23             03-May-02  @  06:49 PM   -   RE: Best quality Synth VSTs

knowa

hey sitar: I'd give an eye for NI....

Message 9/23             03-May-02  @  08:28 PM   -   RE: Best quality Synth VSTs

theknightswhosayNI!

"who are you?"

"we are knights who say NI!", "bring us a shrubbery!"

Message 10/23             03-May-02  @  09:59 PM   -   RE: Best quality Synth VSTs

bedwyr

bring us a battery, even.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 23 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)