aaa Analog buffs on the Andromeda - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Analog buffs on the Andromeda

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/27             19-May-02  @  07:49 AM   -   Analog buffs on the Andromeda

hydrobilly

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

alright i think i have read almost everything ever written on this synth, but i still have time to ponder more people's opinions. Those of you who live sleep and breath analog lemme know: i want a synth that can be aggressive, soulful, phat, warm, nauseously dissonant, crazy, and graceful at the same time. i have heard that the andromeda is all these things and more. but i have also heard the quips that it has loose knobs, that the early O.S has bugs, that the presets are abyssmal, that the fx are worthless...but i still need to make a decision. i am looking t buy an incredible synth, and need a good controller too. if i were to get one for 2200 bucks, should i do it? give me better alternatives if you dont think i should do it. i have already been told that i should just get a nord modular and a sherman filterbank, or a virus and maybe a sid station...i have alot of options. tell me what you think.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/27             19-May-02  @  03:55 PM   -   RE: Analog buffs on the Andromeda

xoxos

Link?: Link

not owning a modular and nothing of greater magnitude than a pro-one (aww..) i'd suggest a modular system and perhaps a six-trak or soemthing to run through it for polyphony. package deals.. you know.

Message 3/27             19-May-02  @  11:56 PM   -   RE: Analog buffs on the Andromeda

influx

I for one have long lusted after an Oberheim Xpander...and you could find one for $1500. no keys but you probably have a controller

just not that impressed by the alesis. But hey..Im not all elitist about the "tru analog" thing anyway, so...

Message 4/27             20-May-02  @  05:32 AM   -   RE: Analog buffs on the Andromeda

Pongoid

http://www.bigbriar.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.100.exe/products_s.html?L+scstore+cpsx9843ff6a666a+1048086246

I hope the link works. It's a bit more than 2200 for the performer, but dude, let's face it: It's MOOG!!!!! You want the shit? That's the shit. It just doesn't get any badder for that kind of price.

Ape

Message 5/27             20-May-02  @  01:47 PM   -   RE: Analog buffs on the Andromeda

milan

i second the Oberheim Xpander. if i one day realise that iŽll never be able to afford one, then iŽll just make a life-sized model of one and keep it on my desk ;)

Message 6/27             20-May-02  @  06:21 PM   -   RE: Analog buffs on the Andromeda

Brett

I second the xpander , and for the over $2k range the matrix12. the envelops on those are unreal. I was looking into getting a virus, but an xpander is more likly. They do even pop up on e-bay ocasionaly, but this place can get em for you. Analoge Modular Systems- e-mail them at polyfusion@aol.com

they got me my mks-80 for less than any of the ads I saw, and it's the first issue with the curtis chips, so they are somtimes cheaper than e-bay and are great to do business with.

Message 7/27             21-May-02  @  10:04 PM   -   RE: Analog buffs on the Andromeda

99devils

I am not a true analog guy, myself. However, I was lucky enough to spend an hour or so with the A6. It sounds good, yes. It's really deep, yes.. Does it's sound justify spending almost $1k more than a Virus? Nope.

My 2 cents.

Message 8/27             23-May-02  @  10:18 PM   -   RE: Analog buffs on the Andromeda

Brett

Link?:  No link

hey Influx, does the xpander do more than one part. I know it has 6 outs and 6 voices, but can you run 6 channels? I only had one in front of me for a few minutes and never did get to mess with the midi implimentation.

Message 9/27             24-May-02  @  07:15 AM   -   RE: Analog buffs on the Andromeda

Pongoid

Admittedly, the coolest sounds I've ever heard come out of one single box came out of an xpander.

Ape

Message 10/27             24-May-02  @  04:49 PM   -   RE: Analog buffs on the Andromeda

milan

umm...i think xpander can be 6 part monophonic or something(?). i think it has some funny multimode implementation.

anyway, its also one of the coolest looking synths ever built!

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 27 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)