aaa Newlook Phonic mixers !! - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Newlook Phonic mixers !!

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11             25-May-02  @  04:36 PM   -   Newlook Phonic mixers !!

k

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

I have to say they look pretty good... seems they are re-vitalising the brand name - they always were cheap... probably worth a look as Behringer & Mackie alternatives for the cost concious.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             25-May-02  @  04:37 PM   -   RE: Newlook Phonic mixers !!

k

Link?:  Link

the MR7X for example has 2 sweep mids! which is not bad for a budget mixer

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/11             25-May-02  @  05:13 PM   -   RE: Newlook Phonic mixers !!

milan

but are they any good? that is the question... and those knobs/buttons and graphics look pretty identical to the mackies.

Message 4/11             25-May-02  @  05:26 PM     Edit: 25-May-02  |  05:30 PM   -   RE: Newlook Phonic mixers !!

bedwyr

i'll say it again here. i got a mm1002 which i use for monitoring. i just pulled the knob off the main l/r fader, but the rest are all solid.

it's quiet and loud, if you know what i mean. phantom power, +4/-10, a middle and side matrix, 2 mic/line inputs with inserts, eq and highpass. 4 stereo inputs, a tape return, control room outputs as well as the main outs. all this for 80 quid. i think that's a bargain, though obviously i don't use it for input so i can't really comment on the eq.

just looking at the specs on the website i can tell you that it does not have 3 band eq on the two mic chanels. is't got 12k, 80hz and a highpass switch.

Message 5/11             25-May-02  @  08:15 PM   -   RE: Newlook Phonic mixers !!

k

Link?:  No link

well the fader tops & knobs all should pull-off I guess... but not fall off mind you  

Message 6/11             25-May-02  @  10:06 PM   -   RE: Newlook Phonic mixers !!

bedwyr

yeah, not brute force mind. more brut force, splash it all over.

Message 7/11             26-May-02  @  03:06 PM   -   RE: Newlook Phonic mixers !!

proximus

noisy mixers are hell ;(

Message 8/11             29-May-02  @  12:57 PM   -   RE: Newlook Phonic mixers !!

k

Link?:  No link

interesting - I talked with Tjhomann about Phonic and they said they dont do them cos it was impossible to get stock reliably. hmmm.... and one of the guys thought they are made at the same factory which USED to make the Behringers, dunno if that is 100% tho, but they do look similar.

Message 9/11             30-May-02  @  01:37 PM   -   RE: Newlook Phonic mixers !!

bedwyr

Link?:  Link

all the shops around here have got 'em. i think they sell quite a few, cheep and cheerfull. maybe i'll try the eq and see what it does.

Message 10/11             10-Jun-02  @  12:22 AM   -   RE: Newlook Phonic mixers !!

k

well... was usinmg one all day on a session & I was VERY impressed with it.... lovely little mixer PERFECT for pc studio use - It was the 1805x (see link)

it's quite cool cos it has a main graphic over the master out, a built in fx processor with 16 presets each with 16 variations.. aux sends & returns, mono foldback feed out, master & control room outs, subgroup out (perfect for your pc audio L/R IN feed..... very nicely built, beautiful chrome finish, reasonably sturdy contrls & decent sweep mid eq.. selectable phantom power for any of the mic IN's AND inserts too even on the masters... also it as a small sub return channel setup for aux returns.... VERY cheap & rackable... I liked it.. BIG led metering ladders too, pfl & peak indicators....

Now the multifx probably arent that good, BUT what's great about it being included is you can use it for adding some fx to your mic feed while you play and add fx in s/w on mixdown... perfect!!

they also do a NON 'included fx unit' version without the 'X' suffix (1805)

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)