aaa while on the subject of compressors - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: while on the subject of compressors

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message 1/55             09-Aug-02  @  10:32 PM   -   while on the subject of compressors

Brett

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

my freind has released a few rcords that sound pretty good. He used softsynths run through a SSL at a studio his freind interns at. His kicks and bass are pretty tight. They have that crunch in the bottom I like. I had read a while back that the compressors in the SSL are very good for this. What kind of compressors are in those consoles and do they sell them as stand alone units. If not what is a good stand alone equivelant?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/55             09-Aug-02  @  10:38 PM   -   RE: while on the subject of compressors

beds

Link?:  Link

Smart Research compressor is apparently an ssl type.

Message 3/55             09-Aug-02  @  10:39 PM   -   RE: while on the subject of compressors

Brett

thanks.

Message 4/55             09-Aug-02  @  10:39 PM   -   RE: while on the subject of compressors

damballah

Link?: Link

why don't you trot on over to www.prosoundweb.com and pester fletcher about this 'un? there's a link to his forum.

A. most people here haven't touched an SSL.

B. fletcher goes off on people real good.

I'll stand back and watch.

Message 5/55             09-Aug-02  @  10:49 PM   -   RE: while on the subject of compressors

influx

ahahahahhahahaha! can I watch too?

Message 6/55             11-Aug-02  @  07:11 PM   -   RE: while on the subject of compressors

Brett

is he gonna rip into me?

Message 7/55             11-Aug-02  @  07:18 PM   -   RE: while on the subject of compressors

damballah

I dunno. That's why I proposed this little "experiment".

Message 8/55             11-Aug-02  @  07:50 PM   -   RE: while on the subject of compressors

influx

man..some of these audiophile engineers have got some HIGH attitudes!

try it brett!

Message 9/55             12-Aug-02  @  02:26 AM   -   RE: while on the subject of compressors

brett

i will!

Message 10/55             14-Aug-02  @  04:53 PM   -   RE: while on the subject of compressors

damballah

well?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 55 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)