aaa Mad Delay Tips - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Mad Delay Tips

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/18             22-Aug-02  @  03:07 PM   -   Mad Delay Break Tips

emerty

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi... Anybody got any creative delay tips?

I tend to use loads of feedback on the breakdowns but can't seem to get the really wooshing fucked up sound i'm looking for as used on loads of tracks. City Rockers type stuff and Junior London for those that know.

Any tips would be highly appreciated.

Ta.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/18             22-Aug-02  @  03:26 PM   -   RE: Mad Delay Tips

Drop

Here are some mad delays: Try changing the delay's setting while it's feeding back. This is one of my favourites! For some truly crazy effects in Logic Audio, try automating the delay changes, for example, adjusting the groove from 50-75 per cent. The feedback delay will gradually move from the beat to the offbeat, pitching the sound as it goes. In the 4.7 release you now have the extra parameters button; try experimenting with the smooth and flutter settings.

Message 3/18             22-Aug-02  @  03:47 PM   -   RE: Mad Delay Tips

emerty

I use nuendo but I think you can do something simliar with the delays plug in, will give it a try. thanks for the tip. anyone got any others?

Message 4/18             22-Aug-02  @  04:00 PM   -   RE: Mad Delay Tips

k

yeah you could setup a delay and feed that into a filter and then setup a delay burst, feed it back and then filter the feedback off into oblivion etc.

Message 5/18             22-Aug-02  @  04:31 PM   -   RE: Mad Delay Tips

emerty

k thanks for the tip, just one thing, delay burst?

Message 6/18             22-Aug-02  @  05:31 PM   -   RE: Mad Delay Tips

formant

Link?:  Link

the answer is to buy ohmboyz delay...

it will get you the 'junior' messed up sound filtering and warping into oblivion in like 3 clicks...

jamey

Message 7/18             22-Aug-02  @  05:47 PM   -   RE: Mad Delay Tips

k

aha.. good tip yes ohmforce...

delay 'burst' meaning like how at the end of a phrase or whenever the delay SEND is raised for a moment then closed again, sending a 'burst' of signal from the channel to the delay sorta dub style.. this then puts a small bit of the channel signal into the delay and with a long feedback setting which can be adjusted also over time you can then get that burst of signal to keep feeding back in the delay and gradualy fade away by gently rolling off the feedback setting a bit at the point you want the delay sound to fade away... you can then mess with that delay feedback with a sweep filter etc to get swooshing delay fx which filter off into infinity etc...

Message 8/18             22-Aug-02  @  05:55 PM   -   RE: Mad Delay Tips

emerty

thanks k.

i've got the frohmage plug in and it rocks. so will try the delay oneas well. cheers formant.

Message 9/18             22-Aug-02  @  07:21 PM   -   RE: Mad Delay Tips

influx

Link?: Link

yup. that delay...well...just plain mindblowing.

also...I like sending the delay to a flanger/phaser/chorus and or reverb, dist, etc...so the feedback is effected...

Message 10/18             22-Aug-02  @  08:20 PM     Edit: 22-Aug-02  |  10:07 PM   -   RE: Mad Delay Tips

Steve Roughley

My favorite has to be the Tape Delay in Logic. That thing is awesome for crescendos. My favorite trick is to reverse one hit of a bongo-slap or a loud-snare, place it either 1 or 2 bars before the kick-in and feed it through the Tape delay (insert, set to 1/4 note) and then use automation to bring the feedback above 50% and it just goes wild with feedback in true tape style! Creating a nice distorted wooshing delay that keeps building till you bring the feedback down. Feed the delay through a big reverb and away you go! Be carefull though, when it goes off it goes off quickly and can soon destroy your ears!

Regards.

Steve.

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)