aaa sox live Sept. 21 - Live / PA / gigging forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Live / PA / gigging

Subject: sox live Sept. 21

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/29             16-Sep-02  @  06:59 PM   -   sox live Sept. 21

sox

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

FallTdFex live at the Kings Head in Fulham, Sat. Sept. 21st featuring DT'er sox on da V-drums. Onstage approx 9:30.
If anyone wants a flyer (£4 in with flyer) email me at sox@bluecarrots.com and I'll send a .jpg
See ya there.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/29             20-Sep-02  @  11:46 PM   -   RE: sox live Sept. 21

sox

Well, so far K is gonna make an appearance and Darkstate is flying in wit da Guildford massive....Anyone else wanna join in on the fun?

Message 3/29             23-Sep-02  @  08:36 AM   -   RE: sox live Sept. 21

k

Link?:  No link

and very good they were too!... Sox's roland kit kik drum almost demolishing the building! heh heh... THUD!

good singer there Sox, she's very good with the audience, and the guy too, they're a good team.

Message 4/29             23-Sep-02  @  09:12 AM   -   RE: sox live Sept. 21

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

Top night mate! Good to finally meet ya K! The kebab on the way home demolished my guts though...

:-)

Marc_D

Message 5/29             23-Sep-02  @  10:58 AM   -   RE: sox live Sept. 21

k

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

kebab!... We went back and ordered two massive pizza's... then that old guy almost keeled over and had a heart attack in my yard after he buzzed some good pollen!.... fuck man... he thought he could take it being a bit of an adventurer and he's done weed before, but I think the old pollen wiped him out!... he started gurgling and shit and that girl who was with him started freaking - I thought he was going to peg it there and then!!! - He's a mate of hers she met at a creative writing evening class & apparently is some lord of a baronial manor up in lancashire... odd bloke, sorta Jack London character, travelled round the world working on logging camps and shit like that all his life, royal navy radio operator etc etc...

anyways, an experience i DON'T want to repeat particularly!!.. i was getting all ready to start pummelling the guys chest & shit!

Mebbe we'll do a track with that girlfreind of mine who was down there - she's got a really good voice!... I know she's been out in the past on some releases, some of which did ok, but she got ripped quite a bit i think on the credits side and monies... a mate and me (the guy i do the film score stuff with) decided we'd get together and knock up some cheezy trance to flog off in Spain and portugal etc cos he's really good on the old keyboard progressions and i'm good with the beats & b-lines etc.... she'd be good for the old ambient vocal breaks and hooks... she's got a diverse music taste and good phrasing etc as a consequence.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/29             23-Sep-02  @  01:27 PM     Edit: 23-Sep-02  |  01:31 PM   -   RE: sox live Sept. 21

dARKSTATe

Damn! Sounds like a bad trippy evening!!

We dropped the two vocalists back at their respective gaffs - they were well impressed btw - only we took the most non direct route possible! I was no use directing Rob the driver on account of the days activities finally getting to me ("..gettin' to old for this shit Riggs..")

Still, woke up in my own bed Sunday morning and spent the day bumming around, finally sucumbing to the lure of editing XML in a bid to get SX talking to my control freak (yay!)

;-)

Message 7/29             23-Sep-02  @  08:14 PM   -   RE: sox live Sept. 21

sox

Well, I'm glad a good time was had by all at the gig. Thanks for coming down. The support was appreciated.

Shame about the old guy K. Put a damper on your evening I bet. He did seem like an interesting character. Just sort him out with the old Rocky, should be able to handle that at his age. (You had the pollen thing well hidden at the gig..If only I'd known lol)Did you get a date for a gig there yourself?

Same to Mr. Darkstate. Glad yer krew enjoyed the evening. Sorry about the Kebab though. You should only eat from Kebab shops that are recommended by friends. Have had a couple of dodgy ones myself over the years. Can't be too careful with them things.

The next gig is Oct 2nd at the Bull and Gate, Kentish Town. Right beside the Forum. We're headlining that one. An A&R rep from Silk records was there on Saturday and took a CD. She seemed very interested in what we were doing.

sox

Message 8/29             23-Sep-02  @  08:27 PM   -   RE: sox live Sept. 21

influx

what the fuck is pollen? kief?

Message 9/29             23-Sep-02  @  10:24 PM   -   RE: sox live Sept. 21

k

Link?:  No link

yeah it was good!  

Message 10/29             24-Sep-02  @  07:49 AM   -   RE: sox live Sept. 21

influx

that was a yes to my question?

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

claudebot