aaa actually, now that you mention it - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

02-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: actually, now that you mention it

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/22             11-Oct-02  @  06:14 PM   -   actually, now that you mention it

errata

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I've decided it's the Waldorf to blame... here's the scenario. Sometimes at random, my waldorf uQ resets it's instruments to a001 when I hit stop or go into the menu on my RM1X. It's never done this at a show ('cause I don't hit "stop" when live). But since I'm unaware of the reason for the problem, I'm scared to death every time I trigger a Waldorf voice.

I use other gear and the program change doesn't happen on ANYTHING else. And the Waldorf is set to not receive program changes. So why is it? and what can I do about it?

Any suggestions?

e

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/22             11-Oct-02  @  06:59 PM   -   RE: actually, now that you mention it

psylichon

Link?: Link

Not sure if this helps, but I know that the Nova master volume sends out patch + and - messages. I think it responds that way to incoming volume on the global MIDI channel, too (not sure on that one). Maybe the q is similar.

Perhaps there is a controller being zeroed when you hit stop on the RM1X that the Waldorf is interpreting at program change...?

Got something with a MIDI event lister thingy?

psylichon

Message 3/22             11-Oct-02  @  08:22 PM   -   RE: actually, now that you mention it

errata

decent suggestion. I could play the rm1x inot the computer and see wtf it's sending. That would help me isolate it in the waldorf. Problem is it's not a repeatable problem. It "seems" random. not likely that it really is, but obscure enought that I'm not seeing the pattern...

e

Message 4/22             11-Oct-02  @  08:28 PM   -   RE: actually, now that you mention it

psylichon

maybe you only use a certain controller in some songs that makes the waldorf feel all funny inside. I'm completely guessing at this point, I think you'll have it solved in no time.

psylichon

Message 5/22             14-Oct-02  @  11:03 PM   -   RE: actually, now that you mention it

influx

RM1x sending "all reset on stop" type message?

Message 6/22             14-Oct-02  @  11:51 PM   -   RE: actually, now that you mention it

errata

exactly, Influx. Problem is, I've specificaly told the uQ not to listen to such drivel. I've looked hard and can find no where that i can tell the RM1X not to do this. And all of my other gear (3 other modules) has no problem ignoring it.

But that damned uQ is a wiley little bastard! hehehe

e

Message 7/22             15-Oct-02  @  02:43 AM   -   RE: actually, now that you mention it

queasy00

Link?:  Link

oh, so it's not that stupid rm1x bug? because when i hit stop or rewind my virus patch goes kapoot.

did you try that thing where you set every track's voice on your rm1x from **** in phrase to just any other patch?

-j

Message 8/22             15-Oct-02  @  06:33 PM   -   RE: actually, now that you mention it

errata

Is this an Rm1x bug?! I've never heard of it. And hear I am blaming the Germans! Sonofabitch! None of my other gear does this! So the RM1x sends a glitchy little patch killer on stop/rewind? "cause that would explain the problem...

e

Message 9/22             15-Oct-02  @  06:58 PM   -   RE: actually, now that you mention it

psylichon

Sonar does a similar thing to my Nova patches when I hit the panic button. Does anyone know what panic buttons send, MIDI wise?

psylichon

Message 10/22             15-Oct-02  @  06:59 PM   -   RE: actually, now that you mention it

psylichon

ah, my K2500 tells me it's controller 123 taken to 0 across all channels. Hmmm

That really doesn't help, does it?  

psylichon

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)