aaa enlightenment? - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: enlightenment?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/37             14-Oct-02  @  03:10 PM   -   enlightenment?

Defector Z

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Okay - so with some elections coming up, of particular interest to me is the election for governor in my homestate of Taxachusetts, I decided it was time to check the candidates. Over the last couple of years here at DT, my awareness of the fundamental problems with our countries political situation has risen significantly. While still a supporter of my country and many of the positions it stands for, I have found myself increasingly abandoned by the mainstream parties. On many issues, I was represented by one party or the other, but as the years have gone by, the 2 major parties in the US have gotten closer and closer to each other. Kind of frightening. Not news to many of you here, but for me, changing my political views is a gradual process.

So this year I registered Libertarian, after voting for Nader last year. I'm not anti-big business, but I am anti-big business with its forays into politics. I also don't think zero state income tax is going to work either. So perhaps libertarian is not where it's at.

Soooo, my research came up with the green party. And this bit of information I found particularly interesting...

http://www.therealdifference.com/difference2.html

Perhaps I am Green, then? Jill Stein (candidate for governor in Taxachusetts) is on target, I think.

So for the other Americans around here, is there anyone willing to answer the questions "who are you voting for" and "why"?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/37             14-Oct-02  @  04:19 PM   -   RE: enlightenment?

k

Link?:  Link

kill 'em all I say! - wheres a good sniper when you need one!!?...

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/37             14-Oct-02  @  04:41 PM   -   RE: enlightenment?

Def Z

Link?:  No link

One must go to the nations capital for those. Not here in Beantown...

Message 4/37             14-Oct-02  @  05:52 PM   -   RE: enlightenment?

errata

Aigh, there be a damned fine snipper roaming the wealthy suburbs of our nations White star! Proll'y well trained by our nation! Or a hunter from from the hinter. (Odd that it's there...)

I'm GREEN if I'm anything, Def. But I register independent. And I'd vote "none of the above" in most cases if the cowards would let me. But there's nothing in the constitution that allows for anarchy!

e

Message 5/37             14-Oct-02  @  06:09 PM   -   RE: enlightenment?

milan

i say,

do not ask what you can do for your country,

but what your country can do you for!

Message 6/37             14-Oct-02  @  09:02 PM   -   RE: enlightenment?

xoxos

that's a nice one, thanks milan.

Message 7/37             14-Oct-02  @  09:15 PM   -   RE: enlightenment?

influx

you guys didnt really just make jokes about a sniper who is offing innocent people did you?

children?

anyway...I vote green or libertarian, depending

green party is a bit too feminist sometimes, but libertarians lean too much toward the whole laissez faire thing...and I think business ought to be regulated (free market has caused WAY too many problems)

Message 8/37             14-Oct-02  @  11:52 PM   -   RE: enlightenment?

k

Link?:  Link

it's a sick world that's for sure.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/37             14-Oct-02  @  11:54 PM   -   RE: enlightenment?

errata

influx, I sure as hell didn't! Did it seem as though I did? I did use a light turn of phrase, but I was merely stating that I wouldn't be surprised if that sniper was Military trained. Alluding only to my distaste for these programs that make people into trained killers...

Not a joke at all.

e

Message 10/37             15-Oct-02  @  01:11 AM   -   RE: enlightenment?

Def Z

As someone deeply involved in the daily operations of a small business, I can say with a fair degree of certainty that business long ago lost it's right to police itself. I will agree with you there mister Influx. I was leaning libertarian until I looked deeper than the headlines, and I don't think I could vote that direction. Pro-gun, no state income tax. I'm not sure I can support that. Green seems to be my voice.

Any other Americans? Important stuff here...

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 37 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)