aaa Who is the enemy - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Who is the enemy

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14

Original Message 1/138             31-Oct-02  @  01:42 PM   -   Who is the enemy

cheddar

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Really if the US is spending more on military than the rest of the world combined then ...who is the enemy?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/138             31-Oct-02  @  02:00 PM   -   RE: Who is the enemy

Steve Webster

Link?:  No link

You see, that's the problem with Russia not being a super power anymore. The world is unbalanced.

Message 3/138             31-Oct-02  @  02:17 PM   -   RE: Who is the enemy

milan

Link?: Link

everybody is the enemy. its gonna be US vs the world soon. might be fun to watch if you´re on another planet i guess.

Message 4/138             31-Oct-02  @  02:59 PM   -   RE: Who is the enemy

Steve Roughley

Yeah, I'm not too keen on the recent attitude of the US military/government. Nor the UK's.

Fuck it! I think I'm gonna move to France.

Regards.

Steve.

Message 5/138             31-Oct-02  @  04:33 PM   -   RE: Who is the enemy

falltdfex

u lot may hate me for this but what would u do?i keep hearing people saying oh saddam wont have weapons of mass distruction for at least another few years so what u wanna do wait till religous fools like that actually get one and use b4 any1 does anything bout it

Message 6/138             31-Oct-02  @  05:20 PM   -   RE: Who is the enemy

k

I thibk you'll find the USA admin & leadership bangs on about GOD & devine right to leadership as much, or rather MORE than saddam. I dont ever recall an Iraqi press release mentioning religion or god, and again it shows just how the white right wing media has influenced people to start to beleive that saddam is somehow a 'religious' issue and therefore something to do with al queda, islam, & the general branding of Islam as 'evil'.

I mean after Hitler, no-one started a pogrom against christians did they?.. but the Nazi state was a christian state sanctioned & condoned by the vatican.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/138             31-Oct-02  @  05:41 PM   -   RE: Who is the enemy

formant

k thats very revisionist of you... shall i start posting links to catholics who saved tons of jews?

you know better than to throw a statement out there like that...

hitler hated christians and thier bible and was much more a champion of modern athiestic thought than anything else.

so to restate it,

"I mean after Hitler, no-one started a pogrom against athiests did they?.. "

we could go all day back and forth on what christians did or didn't do to stop hitler but in reality your accusations of a)hitler and the church being friendly and b)bush being equal to hitler are not responsible statements. there may be evidence either way but you pass it off as 'common knowledge' when its very dubious.

so lets back off the hitler comparisons ok?

now to your point k, i can agree with you that the iraqi regime is more or less secular but you can't deny they invoke the name of allah to get the crowds riled up anymore than i can deny we demonize sadam as a muslim dictator.

so yah, bush throws the name god around a lot. have you read any speeches from other presidents in our history? nearly all of them invoke the name of god on a frequent basis. you will probably find the same in your own country but i can't imagine you as a patriot so it is a wasted point i suppose :-)

jamey

Message 8/138             31-Oct-02  @  06:43 PM   -   RE: Who is the enemy

Steve Roughley

In all honesty, I am not that worried by Sadam. The Sadam threat was blown out of all proportion, probably in an attempt to cover up the real intentions of the western world.

But just remember, the US are the only country who have ever used major nuclear weapons on another country.

Regards.

Steve.

Message 9/138             31-Oct-02  @  07:45 PM   -   RE: Who is the enemy

influx

Link?: Link

I love my country but I fear my government

Message 10/138             31-Oct-02  @  08:18 PM   -   RE: Who is the enemy

errata

Do you Influx? What makes up a country? You rail often against the MACHINE that is american culture and the millions who happily feed their children to it! You have no trust or praise for the f*ckheads that rule this nation, democrat or republican. (These are statements based on what i've read from you)... I'm totally down with 90%of what you have to say... but if not the people, the culture or the government, than... what makes a "country"?

Every Western and Middle Eastern nation on Earth has leaders that rattle on about "god willing" and God's support. Many Eastern countries, as well... but several of these are somewhat Marxist or have a less definate role for gods in their society than we do in the west! This is what led Marx to call religion the opiate of the masses. it allows governments to control whole swaths of the populace by appealing to their religious faith. It's not really religions fault, it;s the fault of the smart bastards that learned to tap the faithful... to take advantage of the spiritual notion that you needn't understand to belive!!!

"You needn't fully understand the Irag issue to believe what we're doing is necessary!" That's how it is, was and shall be in places where people follow uncomprimising relious entities and black and white religious beliefs! That's how I see it... I'm sure there's someone here to point out my blindness!!!

e

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 14

There are 138 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)