aaa Do you do anything today? - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Do you do anything today?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message 1/51             06-Nov-02  @  01:33 AM   -   Do you do anything today?

GT

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Many of us have concerns for this and that, but never move to action. Voting is the very first step.

Heh, I even voted a democrat today (Justice Wells)

Shout out if you voted today.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/51             06-Nov-02  @  01:57 AM   -   RE: Do you do anything today?

influx

Link?: Link

green party and or none of the above.

still say its a sham tho. apathy is such a sad state.

Message 3/51             06-Nov-02  @  02:24 AM   -   RE: Do you do anything today?

BJT

Well done 'flux

Message 4/51             06-Nov-02  @  02:27 AM   -   RE: Do you do anything today?

influx

what, voting green? voting? stating its a sham?

honestly I dont see the point...but I guess in local elections youre more likely to see an honest result?

my case is that I just dont agree with the business as usual stuff, but the "dissenting voices" will never get enough voices to get anywhere it seems

Message 5/51             06-Nov-02  @  02:37 AM   -   RE: Do you do anything today?

BJT

Voting Green,& voting generally. Its not that bad a sham, its that you guys have big party's and power corrupts. Also I reckon blue collars are under-represented, particularly due to the funding needed to run for government.

What do you guys think of compulsory voting?

Message 6/51             06-Nov-02  @  02:42 AM   -   RE: Do you do anything today?

Def Z

No compulsory voting. A non vote is very telling.

I voted Green for governor, and I mostly voted Republican and various third parties for others. I voted AGAINST John Kerry (in Taxachusetts) because he was spineless in his support for the war with Iraq.

Most of my votes were protest. I'm glad I voted. I can complain now. Local is where it starts. Vote locally and you WILL see change. Yeah yeah bitch and moan power corrupts.

Message 7/51             06-Nov-02  @  02:51 AM   -   RE: Do you do anything today?

Mindspawn

Heheh... Not to stir shit, but we do have the right to bitch and moan, whether we vote or not... That "constitution thing." =)

Seriously, hats off to ya if ya did vote. Someone's got to raise the flag of dissent, or complacency, depending on yer perspective...

Message 8/51             06-Nov-02  @  03:22 AM   -   RE: Do you do anything today?

k

it was kinda weird that the one guy who voted against the iraq war was killed in a plane crash just before the elections

(ooo! conspiracy!) : )

Message 9/51             06-Nov-02  @  03:39 AM   -   RE: Do you do anything today?

GT

Jeb took Florida

Message 10/51             06-Nov-02  @  10:53 AM   -   RE: Do you do anything today?

influx

another bush, eh?

"What do you guys think of compulsory voting?"

honestly...someone just told me that in australia if you dont vote you get fined.

dont agree with things? Vote "none of the above" but JUST VOTE!!!

and they pay attention. it gets heard.

dissent is only an option when its vocalized, no?

feelin pretty punk rock tonight.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 51 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)