aaa What Synth for Jungle? - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: What Synth for Jungle?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message 1/49             15-Nov-02  @  12:18 AM   -   What Synth for Jungle?

citizen_s

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

ok. i need some suggestions for a synth with dark, rich (but not cheezE) analog/va analog basslines. i only want it for bass. thats it. price is a consideration but i will find a way to get money if need be.. *evil laugh*

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/49             15-Nov-02  @  12:57 AM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

k

junglist VSTi ?

Message 3/49             15-Nov-02  @  01:24 AM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

psylichon

Link?: Link

i woulda said that but i got the feeling he wanted hardware for some reason. q?

psylichon

Message 4/49             15-Nov-02  @  01:29 AM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

influx

man...after so many times having this asked I still cant help but wonder if someone is serious?!?!?

bro..ANY synth will make almost ANY noise, and NO synth is gonna do it for you!

there aint one out there that you can plug in and go "yeah, jungle!" except some of them DO have presets geared toward a mean low end. (virus has a bunch of "jungle" presets)

but...awww shit...its just...theyre not genre specific, man!

I see virus As for $500 here...and can say with 100% conviction that with that and a good sampler that you (assuming you will spend time learning how to use them) could make almost any sound you could possibly imagine!

Message 5/49             15-Nov-02  @  09:40 AM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

milan

tnx influx for putting it so well.

"ANY synth will make almost ANY noise, and NO synth is gonna do it for you!"

this should be in the FAQ.

Message 6/49             15-Nov-02  @  09:50 AM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

Maarten

Yeah, what he said, put that next to "Get a smapler!"

There's a tutorial on synth-programming on the Access site... even if you have no Virus, could well be usefull to you.

good luck,

-M-

Message 7/49             15-Nov-02  @  09:51 AM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

Maarten

link

Message 8/49             15-Nov-02  @  10:52 AM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

bedwyr

nice link maarten! thank ewe  

Message 9/49             15-Nov-02  @  12:01 PM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

Steve Roughley

c my reply to your jungle kick post.

Steve.

Message 10/49             15-Nov-02  @  01:55 PM   -   RE: What Synth for Jungle?

citizen_s

sheesus bite my frikkin head off why dontcha..

i know that synths are not 'genre specific' but incase you didnt READ my post i was trying to explain what kinda sound i wanted. the only reason i said jungle (other than to piss you off) was so people would understand what kinda basslines i was looking for. if i would have said dark and rich HOUSE basslines i could have been talking about something completely different, no?

i have a hardware synth, i have a software synth... so theres no need to patronize me by saying ANY synth will make noise.. in the words garth, DUUUUUUH! just trying to get some particulars here.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 49 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)