aaa something interesting from waldorf - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: something interesting from waldorf

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/29             15-Jan-03  @  06:43 PM   -   something interesting from waldorf

nomad

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

take a look at this...

http://www.waldorf-music.com/afb/

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/29             15-Jan-03  @  07:42 PM   -   RE: something interesting from waldorf

milan

whoooaaaaaaa baybeeee!!! it was about bloody TIME people started thinking like that! YES!

oh and, i'm raving about the concept if you're wondering. no idea if i'd actually want to own the thing, but concept-wise i think this is the was to go. i remember this conversation from a while ago about why dont synth manufacturers build compact analog boxes with digital control. and now- hey! look whats this right here  

Message 3/29             15-Jan-03  @  11:36 PM   -   RE: something interesting from waldorf

horizens

File?:  [image]

[image file]

that's pretty damn cool. don't know if i would
buy one, but it's rad that companies are going
to start doing this.

Message 4/29             16-Jan-03  @  12:21 AM   -   RE: something interesting from waldorf

errata

Link?:  No link

cool idea... I feel like a luddite, though. Soon they'll stop building hardware options!!!

e

Message 5/29             16-Jan-03  @  07:41 AM   -   RE: something interesting from waldorf

horizens

File?:  [image]

[image file]

too bad there are only lo pass filters. hi band
and a few more would've been killer.

Message 6/29             16-Jan-03  @  08:27 AM   -   RE: something interesting from waldorf

milan

yeah, thats what i thought too. its probably to keep the cost down and test the waters. wait for version 2.0   i wonder what this baby is gonna cost.

Message 7/29             16-Jan-03  @  10:14 AM   -   RE: something interesting from waldorf

Stefan

The box contains the analog filters of the Q+.
So take the pricedifference between Q and Q+...

I don't think that it will be cheap.

Message 8/29             16-Jan-03  @  10:35 AM   -   RE: something interesting from waldorf

milan

yeah, me neither. but its a start in right direction. hehe... imagine a uQ or a mw as a vsti like that, eh   now *that* i'd buy immediately!

Message 9/29             16-Jan-03  @  08:41 PM   -   RE: something interesting from waldorf

errata

Yeah, but the Waldorf Bandpass filters are just incredible... How could they? It ain't right!

e

Message 10/29             21-Jan-03  @  11:34 PM   -   RE: something interesting from waldorf

scrotalsack

there's a lot more difference between the Q and Q+ than just the filters...
increased polyphony is the biggest, i would say. 16/32 voice versus variable up to 100 voice?

I would imagine pricewise this will go somewhere betweent the µQ and µQ keyboard, probably closer to the µQ. i can't imagine anyone would pay much more for it than that. it's a filter module, not a synth.... and its not like it costs a lot to implement usb 2.0 on things.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 29 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)