aaa Chandler Echo unit - thoughts? - Mixing & FX forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Mixing & FX

Subject: Chandler Echo unit - thoughts?

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             19-Jan-03  @  03:06 AM     Edit: 19-Jan-03  |  03:08 AM   -   Chandler Echo unit - thoughts?

brad

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[image file]

check this out

So i want a big dubby echoplex type delay unit for my
live rig...would this be the thing??

whattaya think about the price? It's on ebay, which is
always a bit inflated I think.

Anybody used one? Is this the shit or....?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             19-Jan-03  @  03:08 AM   -   RE: Chandler Echo unit - thoughts?

brad

[image file]

link is funky, just cut'n'paste:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=
2500667681&category=22669

Message 3/12             19-Jan-03  @  03:35 AM   -   RE: Chandler Echo unit - thoughts?

a.d.d.

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i'm pretty sure thats just an analog delay masquerading as a tape delay simulator. you'd be much better off with one of the yamaha e1010 or e1005 analog delays. very warm, clean and they usually run between $75 -100. if you've really got your heart set on the real deal, i'd recommend keeping your eyes peeled for a korg stage echo. very well made, and they sound fantastic. really beats a space echo hands down. both the roland and korg units are probably the newest made tape delays you'll find. you won't get that creamy tube sound of an ep1 echoplex but hey $600+ is just stupid to pay for a box that does one thing. granted it does that one thing better than anything else out there, but still, $600 can buy you a lot of other gear. one other suggestion, check out that line6 delay modeller. i had one for a few months and while it fell woefully short of my expectations A. you get decent copies of about 10 classic delays and B. its brand new and under warranty and C. you'll never have to change the tape. happy hunting.

Message 4/12             19-Jan-03  @  03:52 AM   -   RE: Chandler Echo unit - thoughts?

a.d.d.

i just looked a little closer at that picture. it says digital right on it.also i just checked prices on other tape echos on ebay. what a ripoff! all the working ones are $400 and up. that's highway robbery. hey i guess whatever the market will bear right?

Message 5/12             19-Jan-03  @  08:45 AM   -   RE: Chandler Echo unit - thoughts?

brad

[image file]

ugh...ur s'possed to say- it's the greatest! go get one!

looks like it's time for a bit of research- thanks for the
suggestions.

hey are we still trading my mofx for ur filter??

Message 6/12             19-Jan-03  @  02:19 PM   -   RE: Chandler Echo unit - thoughts?

a.d.d.

yeah i was wondering about that. hadn't heard back from you in a while.

Message 7/12             19-Jan-03  @  10:11 PM   -   RE: Chandler Echo unit - thoughts?

influx

Link?:  Link

hey brad...its not "real" but...have you looked at the line 6 DL4?

Q had one and it did some REALLY GRITTY soundin tape delay stuff...the way it decays off into nothing...just NIIIIICE

not real analog. not a real tape delay. but damn good nonetheless

danelectro makes one, too but I havent heard it

Message 8/12             20-Jan-03  @  03:02 AM   -   RE: Chandler Echo unit - thoughts?

brad

[image file]

Influx I'll check it out. I don't really care if it's analog or
digi, as long as it makes me sound like king tubby ;-)

a.d.d. -dude, I'm ready! send me yer shipping addy and
I'll reply wif mine. Use the brad@duoelectro.com addy
above, not mr.wet, way more reliable. ok?

Message 9/12             20-Jan-03  @  02:16 PM   -   RE: Chandler Echo unit - thoughts?

a.d.d.

well for king tubby stuff you'll definitely need that boingy spring reverb sound.

Message 10/12             21-Jan-03  @  09:11 PM   -   RE: Chandler Echo unit - thoughts?

Hilevelt

Hey Brad, not sure if you remember me but you sent me a cd years & years & years ago. I've got an extra space echo for sale (I've 3 total), let me know if you're interested in it.

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)