aaa Stable soundcard for amd build? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Stable soundcard for amd build?

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/37             27-Jan-03  @  11:11 PM   -   Stable soundcard for amd build?

hutchshop

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Looking for a stable soundcard w/ 2 analog in/out and possibly spdif. I'm trying to do that budget AMD build k's been writing about. I plan to use sonar or another vst compatible sequencer.

I have read that midiman delta cards had problems with the VIA chipsets - but haven't heard anything about the KT333.

Any suggestions?

matt

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/37             27-Jan-03  @  11:14 PM   -   RE: Stable soundcard for amd build?

hutchshop

I'm looking at the midiman / m-audio site and the audiophile 2496 looks like it might be the right fit, but understand 'PC requirements' I see nothing about AMD...

http://www.midiman.com/products/m-audio/audiophile.php

Message 3/37             28-Jan-03  @  01:44 PM   -   RE: Stable soundcard for amd build?

Normal

i'm using the audiophile 2496 with the same ASUS KT333 board as in K's article, and an Athlon 2100 processor, running window XP Professional. I basically did the same build as K, with a gig of ram, one of those 80Gb Western digital 8Mb HDs, and a 40Gig Seagate drive. Works great with no problems, and setting up was fairly easy. I reckon you'll be fine.

Al

Message 4/37             28-Jan-03  @  09:31 PM   -   RE: Stable soundcard for amd build?

moujik

Link?:  Link

Yeah, second that - running an Audiophile with an older VIA m/board.... had no problems at all under either under Win 98 or XP.

V.easy to fit & set up, nice low latency drivers too.

Message 5/37             29-Jan-03  @  08:55 AM     Edit: 29-Jan-03  |  09:01 AM   -   RE: Stable soundcard for amd build?

dARKSTATe

Link?: Link

[rant]

CAN PPL STOP WITH THE "VIA'S ARE BUGGY" THANG?!?!?!

ITS MIS-INFORMATION THAT HASN'T BEEN CORRECTED THOUGH GAWD KNOWS WHY!!!

THE *O L D E R* VIA CHIPSETS WERE BUGGY.. SHIT GOT SORTED FROM THE KT266A VERSIONS ONWARDS (AND *THAT* CHIPSET IS MORE THAN A YEAR AND A QUARTER OLD NOW!!!)  

[/rant]

Message 6/37             29-Jan-03  @  02:04 PM   -   RE: Stable soundcard for amd build?

psylichon

yes but can you tell me about that memory limit in windows?....

Message 7/37             29-Jan-03  @  03:11 PM     Edit: 29-Jan-03  |  03:12 PM   -   RE: Stable soundcard for amd build?

dARKSTATe

Don't make me come over there biatch...

I got a whole load a' bitch-slap I'm quite happy to dish out on a have-one-get-one-free trial basis!!

And I'm not a violent guy!

Message 8/37             29-Jan-03  @  10:30 PM   -   RE: Stable soundcard for amd build?

Def Z

I've had good luck with the Aardvark LX6. Not necessarily a "budget" card, but a VERY nice card for not a lot of dosh.

Message 9/37             30-Jan-03  @  03:27 AM   -   RE: Stable soundcard for amd build?

hutchshop

Starting looking at the digi 002... sidetracked??? I'm thinking that if I ditch my mixer and outboard effects, and take into consideration that I'm getting a sequencer and free plug-ins... its a trade.

Message 10/37             30-Jan-03  @  06:53 AM   -   RE: Stable soundcard for amd build?

psylichon

"I'm thinking that if I ditch my mixer and outboard effects, and take into consideration that I'm getting a sequencer and free plug-ins... its a trade."

Absolutely not, buddy. Let me introduce you to my friends Inflexibility and Latency if you go that route. You're better off with your first idea. PT sounds great on paper, but even professional TDM and HD systems suffer from latency issues. When you're tracking something live, you'll miss that outboard.

psy

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 37 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)