aaa al jazeera - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: al jazeera

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/38             09-Apr-03  @  09:40 AM     Edit: 09-Apr-03  |  09:42 AM   -   al jazeera

Zazza

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

The english version of the Al Jazeera website is online at the moment.. hacking and denial of service attacks have kept it offline for most of the last few weeks.

Interesting for those of you who want a different view of the war with Iraq. Surpisingly it is not any more biased/partisan than FOX news, maybe less so...

English - Al Jazeera

In fact some of it's reporting on protests in the West is more than you are going to get from mainstream media in those bastions of free speech and democracy...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/38             09-Apr-03  @  07:49 PM   -   RE: al jazeera

xoxos

i like what you do. except that doing things validates existence, but still.

Message 3/38             10-Apr-03  @  03:42 AM   -   RE: al jazeera

Broken Silence

I don't like arguing politically on DT, but this kinda scratched my nooooogin :P

im sorry, but fox news is the only respectible news channel out there. MSNBC is worse than al Jazeera and the reason why you don't defend it, is cause it's left wing! today, showing their disgust for any sort of ACTIVITY that involves bush/war/anything that they don't understand (alot), they called 2 american soldiers shooting a truck with some retard with RPGs in it a "new battle field for american soldiers." They also regarded today the breaking down of the statue of sadaam and people violently insulting it, not surprising and nearly nothing compared to the other wars.

I won't even start on those two old fuck bags previously known as "Peter Jennings" and "Tom Brokaw."

But I can't watch nearly any news channel besides FOX news without wanting to vomit. I've never seen so many unsupportive bastards out there of something that is right. (Yep I said it!)

Hopefully that made sense, and it doesn't seem (as MSNBC would call it) a brand new DT battle field for a reply then someone else, then someone suggesting for someone else to place things into their rectal cavities, etc etc. It's just soo damn hard not to seem like an asshole when you're not speaking face to face. And most of the time when I read my posts, I always feel that way hehe :P

Message 4/38             10-Apr-03  @  03:43 AM   -   RE: al jazeera

Broken Silence

oh and I would like to know YOUR opinion about the tearing down of the statue thing and the iraqi situation as of tonight...honestly  

Message 5/38             10-Apr-03  @  07:39 AM   -   RE: al jazeera

Zazza

Link?:  No link

FOX News is the only respectable news channel?

Message 6/38             10-Apr-03  @  08:21 AM   -   RE: al jazeera

Zazza

Yes, the tearing down of the statue.. an amazing moment.. the lid coming off after decades of western funded repression. Remember that Saddam was the US/UK's hired help right up until Iraq invaded Kuwait. Since then the UN sanctions couple with Saddams inhumanity have meant that the Iraqi people have lived under increasing poverty and disease, with hundreds of thousands of children dying from poverty, malnutrition and disease.

When he gassed (with western supplied technology) Halabjah (killing 5000 men, women and children) those nasty left wing activists tried to get our government in the UK to stop selling arms to Saddam.

UK/US Government response?

Nope, sorry.. he is our ally in the region! We need to back him against the evil mullahs of Iran. To whom, incidentally, we were also supplying with arms during the Iran/Iraq war. The west was quite happy to see those countries wear each other down. When it looked like Iraq was about to be invaded by the triumphant Iranian troops, we supplied Saddam with the means and instructions to create chemical weapons. He used these against the Iranians and made the famous comment along the lines of, 'It is like spraying flies, they just die where they stand'.

Now, Saddam found out about the west supplying arms to Iran at the same time they were supplying arms to Iraq and became a tad suspicious about the west's motives.

So, the statue comes down to great joy. It certainly moved me. The crowd were Shi'ia muslims who have been brutalised and repressed by Saddam for nearly 25 years, he even built them a custom 'ghetto' to live in in the east of Baghdad.

The Sunni muslims are still fighting in the rest of Baghdad, because they were the favoured group under Saddam and represent the most loyal faction to Saddam in the country. They also know that there will be a lot of revenge bloodletting and that they will be the target.

A quote from a british military anaylyst yesterday. 'Hopefully we can get the War over before the Civil War starts.'

The problem of course is that Iraq isn't actually a country. It was created by the British after World War I from various bits and pieces left over from the Ottoman Empire (The Turks). So, you have 3 seperate and distinct populations who basically hate each other.

But yes, good riddance to that utter bastard Saddam.

At the moment, Baghdad is having to deal with 100 casualties an hour, operations are taking place without anaesthetics and thousands of men, women and children have and are going to die in pain.

Ideally, the west should give the Kurds their own country. This won't happen because the Turks would probably invade instantly (they have a huge Kurdish population and are afraid they would rise up and want to join the new Kurdish nation.)

The Turks have been repressing and killing Kurds for a long time. But who cares? Certainly not the coalition.

At this moment the best we can do is hope and pray that some sort of peace comes this bastard child of the British Empire, Iraq.

Message 7/38             10-Apr-03  @  09:54 AM   -   RE: al jazeera

k

i think you gotta say they did a good job tho, very professional on the ground, but one has to ask.. faced with such poor resistance from saddams forces, was so much initial bombing in the cities required which caused pretty much all the civilian casualties?

Let's hope that the jubilations which now will be concentrated on by the western media will not descend into some aweful terrorist thing.

It'd be great if Iran could get opened up too, and the old Persia could rise from the ashes. But then the same goes in Africa... there is so many places there which are like 'cut off' because of military regimes too.

Also I think the US should give decent compensation IMMEADIATLY or asap to every single person injured and to the families of those killed in the attacks, it wouldnt cost them even a fraction of some of their smallest aid budgets and would go someway to appease the shit some people had to take in order for this action to have taken place. That would be very fair and the least they could do. After all, if they say these people had to sacrifice for the good of all their people, then they should be paid for their suffering and sacrifice at the least.

Message 8/38             10-Apr-03  @  10:28 AM   -   RE: al jazeera

milan

"but fox news is the only respectible news channel out there"??? lol... man, i saw fox on satelite once, i thought it was the cheesiest pile of shit i ever saw. and i've seen some, trust me...

Message 9/38             10-Apr-03  @  10:58 AM   -   RE: al jazeera

Zazza

k, well they were up against a bunch of conscripts with out of date and totally outclassed weaponry...

And of course having total air supremacy means they could just bomb the shit of the 'republican guard' until they ran away. hence the kill ratio of about a thousand to one.. (not counting 'friendly fire')

Message 10/38             10-Apr-03  @  11:38 AM   -   RE: al jazeera

cheddar

Link?:  Link

Cant find the link but there was article in yesterdays guardian (co.uk) complaining about gullable americans that said in the Fox newsroom , people wear t shirts with "Faux News" written on it

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 38 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)