aaa SONAR2 & DR008 problem - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

17-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: SONAR2 & DR008 problem

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/18             17-Apr-03  @  12:23 PM   -   SONAR2 & DR008 problem

k

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i get the first note of a pattern NOT sounding and then ghost notes trigger which arent in the pattern at all and dont exist anywhere in the song - this even happens when creating a single drum pattern of one bar with nothing else on the arrange-page

however, Battery works fine -

anyone else get this DR008 glitch? - I cannot use it at all as a consequence!

do I need to update DR008 or something?

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/18             17-Apr-03  @  10:40 PM   -   RE: SONAR2 & DR008 problem

spectre_one

Whoah, someone else! I've asked about this in mutiple places, homerecording.com, kvr, cm/fm forums. I got tired of asking after having to argue with one too many people who kept trying to tell me it was latency.

It only happens to me when I try to set loop points around a beat done in DR-008. The first time it plays through fine, but everytime it loops the first hit doesn't play and I get that random ghost hit you described. It plays fine if I don't have loop points set. Never figured that one out. Sorry I don't have an answer. I would definitely like to figure this one out.

I'm using Sonar 2.1XL.

Message 3/18             17-Apr-03  @  10:47 PM   -   RE: SONAR2 & DR008 problem

spectre_one

See, I don't think you can update DR-008 to it's latest build if it came with Sonar unless you pay fxpansion $50.

Message 4/18             18-Apr-03  @  11:25 AM   -   RE: SONAR2 & DR008 problem

K

That's it EXACTLY - the first time when looped it plays thru, then cycles missing the first beat and adding ghost notes later on in the pattern between beat 3 & 4 or 4 and end of bar - it's making it impossible to use for work, and lets face it... which of us makes drum or perc' pattern loops without looping it as we tweak!

it's as if dr008 delays the first beat which doesnt play till a few MS after it was triggered, resulting in the missing note appearing later in the pattern.

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Battery is fine tho!

Message 5/18             18-Apr-03  @  10:02 PM   -   RE: SONAR2 & DR008 problem

Defector z

I'm getting SAME EXACT problem. Where's Mr. Cakewalk?

Message 6/18             21-Apr-03  @  07:58 PM   -   RE: SONAR2 & DR008 problem

Cakewalk

Link?: Link

Re: The missing notes problem. I've heard from some users taht this goes away if you raise your latency settings. This wasn't the first thing that these users suspected because they were not having problems elsewhere. So it took awhile to figure out.

I wish I could say "download a patch for the DR-008 here" But there isn't one currently available. The 1.1 upgrade from FXpansion has some significant improvements. But it isn't free.

Message 7/18             02-May-03  @  02:17 AM   -   RE: SONAR2 & DR008 problem

Defector z

Hey Mr. Cakewalk. I upgraded from 2.2 to 2.2XL SOLELY for the Dr-008. The Timeworks plugs are great plugs, but I'm not terribly thrilled that I paid $100 for a buggy program where I'm expected to pay for bug fixes. I already paid once a month ago. Is there something that can be worked out with fxpansion? Should I be contacting them, or is it possible for you (or someone who works for you) to deal with the situation. This is really a pain and I feel like I've just wasted $100.

Message 8/18             02-May-03  @  11:30 AM   -   RE: SONAR2 & DR008 problem

k

true, the Timeworks plugs are great, but the dr008 - funny thing is, I been getting into SX lately in my search for a rewire2 'able' programme which also fullfills my other requirements, and some of their stuff is done by FxPansion as well!

Message 9/18             02-May-03  @  03:36 PM   -   RE: SONAR2 & DR008 problem

Yonce N Mild

Wow somthing just clicked !!! now I know exactly what you are talking about, yes that shit drives me crazy !! I thought it was sonar and yes turning your latency up fixes it but only after turning up your latency to unacceptable levels. the way I get around this is make extremely long loops and just try to ignore the su su su stutter at the end this involves alot of copy and paste but at least I get to hear enough of the beat to hear the groove or lack thereof before it skips on me. Sometimes I even open a new project and copy and paste the parts in there I need because the long loop method is impossible if you are working on a 4bar break or fill in the middle of a track. Still very lame I bought Sonar XL because I thought it would take care of everything and I could put most of my hardware away that wasn't the case at all I need a solution for drums, I can't belive it but I miss my asr-x. Mr. Cakewalk will the upgrade from fx expansion fix this ??? I don't like the idea of paying for a bug fix but I hate the idea of having to constantly work around looping problems!!!!

Message 10/18             02-May-03  @  08:37 PM   -   RE: SONAR2 & DR008 problem

milan

Link?: Link

eeewww! that ridiculous that you guys have to put up with something like that. another reason why i dont plan to switch from Logic in few more years.

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)