aaa Destroy All Media - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Destroy All Media

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message 1/53             05-May-03  @  11:26 PM   -   Destroy All Media

errata

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

check this out:

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2003/05/04/IN164833.DTL

What's your take on all this you guys? Some extremely lucid points here... A good read!

e

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/53             06-May-03  @  12:15 AM     Edit: 06-May-03  |  12:18 AM   -   RE: Destroy All Media

Steve Roughley

Link?:  No link

Nice, romantic ideas. Sure enough, the current mainstream mass production entertainment machine is going to go away, but it is already aware of that itsself, and many major companies, such as Sony, are starting to sign 'talented artists' as a pre-emptive measure. Thing is, can you actually imagine the 'Brittany Spears, or Backstreet Boys' (what a bloody unfortunate name) fans of today ever enjoying the "subcultural formations such as hip-hop, country music and punk"??? It won't happen. We are all human, and as long as we exist these things will exist. We should appreciate what they do for the rest of us (think about it) and should let-be the people who believe that they enjoy it (try not to think abourt this one :P ). It will cause us less stress in the long run.  

Regards.

Steve.

Message 3/53             06-May-03  @  03:49 AM   -   RE: Destroy All Media

influx

hmmm.

sad thing is there is definitely a facet of society that thinks everything should be free...that they are entitled to anything they want, simply because they want it. NOW.

and...this goes against the entire foundation of our society!

if these folks are people who refuse to place value on money AT ALL, IE never, NEVER expect payment for time, services rendered, artistic endeavors, etc, well then, they are a fringe group doing something different and at least they are consistent

but what I see the most is little fucking bitches griping about this that and the other thing...SW should be free..why should I pay for music, etc..and then in a millisecond theyre SCREAMING that someone stole their song and on and on.

hypocrisy is a disgusting trait, but the prevalence nowadays is...mind boggling!

I would love to see ALL, yes ALL monolithic corporations destroyed and then perhaps rebuilt with ethical economics as a basis, instead of the good ol "bottom line is all that matters, everyone else be damned"

this will, of course, really fuck things up here and everywhere..if it were to happen, but...the whole unchecked capitalism thing is out of control, and somethings got to give

Message 4/53             06-May-03  @  04:08 AM   -   RE: Destroy All Media

man called clay

what!? unchecked capitalism?! you're kidding right??!! i wanna know where??!!!!???
lemme at it!
get outta the way.....

Message 5/53             06-May-03  @  04:11 AM   -   RE: Destroy All Media

influx

heh. you know what I meant, man.

people without ethics can only create a system that is equally devoid.

Message 6/53             06-May-03  @  06:20 AM   -   RE: Destroy All Media

cheddar

Link?:  Link

and yet our most ethical control us and define the morals of our legal system..., well that's nice

Message 7/53             06-May-03  @  08:31 PM   -   RE: Destroy All Media

xoxos

what i find disturbing is not the indoctrination of morality, but the indoctrination of immorality..

Message 8/53             06-May-03  @  08:46 PM   -   RE: Destroy All Media

influx

heh. people seem to think we're shit from the start and are taught to be "good"

maybe we're good from the start and are taught to be shit?

Message 9/53             06-May-03  @  08:58 PM   -   RE: Destroy All Media

man called clay

well....it's easier to teach people to lower themselves.
we're always closer to earth than heaven....so why even bother?
those who try anything else usually get knocked down pretty hard.

Message 10/53             06-May-03  @  10:14 PM   -   RE: Destroy All Media

Mick

Wake me when the shooting starts. Actually, wake me when the CEOs are in the crosshairs. Anybody else getting shot is just CNN fodder.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 53 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)