aaa Other peoples' theories - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Other peoples' theories

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13

Original Message 1/122             03-Jun-03  @  03:38 AM     Edit: 19-Jun-03  |  05:07 AM   -   Other peoples' theories

Mick

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

poof

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/122             03-Jun-03  @  05:55 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

Garuna

Link?:  Link

Was she hot?

Message 3/122             03-Jun-03  @  02:43 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

man called clay

Link?:  No link

siddartha is still my favorite book to recommend to people as a "must-read". perhaps my favorite book...period. it's funny....since then i've read less and less too.....and find it more difficult to feel entertained or enriched by even very good books.
no more televison either...radio....yeah life> it's okay to live it and not always watch it....talking about it...and thinking that somehow constitutes actually doing it.
then again i used to be a janitor, too.
funny, too.....i used to dream of cleaning this one huge white house where a powerful man lived....
the world's poor and hungry and so-alive clamoring up the back walls...playing...shouting...
having a good time. sometimes.

Message 4/122             03-Jun-03  @  05:39 PM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

errata

Unless you've learned to REALLY live it! 100%... all the time, you'd better watch it... and think about it.

e

Message 5/122             04-Jun-03  @  02:11 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

man called clay

okay okay...got it....point made e!!!
i think it's wrong to put younger folks down for watching GOOD movies and reading GOOD books because this is how we ALL learn SOME of what life is about.
i wish as many people had read siddartha as the bible.
i wish as many people watched do the right thing or JFK as american idol.
i wish......hmmmm.....yeah well!!!....brother can you spare me a dime>?
i been living life watching tv (fat shows) and wanting this (fat gear) and dissin that (all that poo cracker jack sell-out shite) but i don't go out and work or do SHIT but i do dream and dis-shit and dream and dis!!!!
and man i KNOW a LOT!

but boy i got dreams and my dream right now is for some sweet red wine a liitle herb and a mercedes benz and a tight chick next to me....yeah...you know what i mean.
i just be chillin and watching tv and smoking some dank and shit. you chill too man. my advice.

Message 6/122             04-Jun-03  @  07:51 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

errata

nicely put MCC...

I've never heard of a book simply called Sidhartha... I assume it's a bio type of thing! who wrote it? etc...

e

Message 7/122             04-Jun-03  @  08:35 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

cheddar

except...

Everybody who drives a mercedes is a ganster

I know it, you know it, people who buy mercedes know it.

Everybody who drives a mercedes is a ganster

Message 8/122             04-Jun-03  @  09:31 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

influx

E...youve never heard of it? hell even I have...forgot the authors name, but its a "fictional biography" of gotama buddha...

argh what was his name. too lazy to go look right now.

M...Ive met a couple like that...few and far between tho

Message 9/122             04-Jun-03  @  11:10 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

psylichon

Hermann Hesse. Great book. People who read it and like it are generally really cool people  

Message 10/122             04-Jun-03  @  11:12 AM   -   RE: Other peoples' theories

psylichon

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 13

There are 122 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)