aaa change - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: change

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/31             04-Jun-03  @  11:47 AM   -   change

cheddar

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

I am interested in change. On one hand I think the world doesn't and the change is in my perception, on the other events/movements such as the internet comes along unifying and changing practices. Then again i think it doesn't matter and experience/knowledge is some means to a scale to allow measurement

Whatever, my comment is about change. I say that there are large modifiers in action at this time (media and content blurring (data/information/knowledge), unification of language, cultural convergence (including political and commercial) continental state formation, accepted derision of 'liberal (whatever that means) values and increasing military build up in the absence of opposition.

So the question is - WFT is going on

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/31             04-Jun-03  @  12:45 PM   -   RE: change

greg.spicer

ive got change of a fiver?

G

Message 3/31             04-Jun-03  @  11:47 PM   -   RE: change

psylichon

Link?: Link

no change will truly happen until the majority of humanity realizes that nothing is changing at all.

Message 4/31             05-Jun-03  @  12:18 AM   -   RE: change

errata

Link?:  No link

It's all changing all the time. Every moment is different than the last, even your body (which seems so solid) is constantly shifting and changing, new cells replace dieing cells, the molecular structure constantly reorganizing itself. Nothing is permanent, everything is constantly shifting, changing.

e

Message 5/31             05-Jun-03  @  01:20 AM   -   RE: change

psylichon

Link?: Link

yeah, but don't you get the feeling that all that change that doesn't really change anything, is just a distorted representation of some unchanging truth?

Message 6/31             05-Jun-03  @  05:26 AM   -   RE: change

mcc

kinda like the same old "new" thread....but alas....it iS a new thread...a new day....
a new millenium....
the dinosaurs would tell you.

change is slow and .....just like our tv minds.....though we think so fast....we're REALLY not.

Message 7/31             05-Jun-03  @  05:37 AM   -   RE: change

errata

The only reason all that change seems to be innefective is because we are terrified of change. The idea that a efemeral "i" doesn't exist, that we have no solid foundation, is unnacceptable to us, so we pretend there is no change.

Perhaps the original post was more about political/social change... but honestly, such things are just humorous displays when you consider the constant flux, or... the notion that every new moment has pure potential... is pregnant with infinite possibility!

e

Message 8/31             05-Jun-03  @  10:25 AM   -   RE: change

beds

i hope i'm not pregnant. that really would need more of a change than i could handle.

Message 9/31             05-Jun-03  @  12:57 PM   -   RE: change

cheddar

but really is the future unwritten

so all this change goes on (state to state) but if it is all a pattern or some chemical or other inevitability then it isn't change its cycle of path

Then experience (cheesey metaphore of doors in corridors or windows etc) closes doors and makes the infinate finite or possibly even inevitable

"no change will truly happen until the majority of humanity realizes that nothing is changing at all. " thats cool especially when history tells us that we do the same things again and again (at a 'major event' level which if you think about it is fair enough as it is a composite of influence and so more relevant to comparison over time (like if i said you would choose teh blue one you would be more or less likely to choose the blue one))

I did think later after i posted that i didn't put down the q and i suppose it is an old one of is power such a short sighted basterd and always has been (it is just me with increasing knowledge/experience assimilating this larger (doubtless personal) 'truth') OR is the world becomming a shittier place - especially as the leaders reference history more than the public

MCC "though we think so fast....we're REALLY not. " but topographically 'fast' may have little to do with net distance travelled, like my memories of being speeded up lots of stuff but all shit

e "because we are terrified of change. The idea that a efemeral "i" doesn't exist, that we have no solid foundation, is unnacceptable to us, so we pretend there is no change. " - but what about learning or self fullfilment (be all you can be - is one of yours)

I don't want to get into 'original' or semantics of 'change' i just wonder about cycles and drivers of chaos and possibility being represented in teh term CHANGE

Message 10/31             05-Jun-03  @  02:27 PM   -   RE: change

man called clay

all things in their own time.
it'll either happen or not.

just do your best to do your part.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 31 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)