aaa Sonar3 details.... - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Sonar3 details....

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/25             04-Sep-03  @  09:45 PM   -   Sonar3 details....

spectre1

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

I found this on another site. So far there is nothing mentioned on cakewalk.com except for a teaser pic.

----------------------------------------
SONAR 3 offers a complete software-based production environment that extends your customers' creativity with intuitive controls that capture and enhance their inspiration, and precise tools for accurate, effective real-time editing.

Highlights:

New mixing environment, completely redesigned UI, real-time gapless editing, Universal Bus Architecture, VST Support, confidence recording, MIDI Groove Clips, advanced MIDI routing & synth layering, multi-port MTC transmission, track inspector, full plug-in delay compensation, and more.
SONAR 3 supports DirectX & VST effects, DXi, VSTi, & ReWire soft synths, ACID Loops & MIDI Groove clips, hardware control surfaces, industry-accepted file formats including OMFI, and all Windows-compatible audio hardware via WDM or ASIO.

SONAR 3 Producer Edition Exclusives:
Per-track EQs - Channel EQ is a 6-band parametric equalizer with 5 filter types that can be individually selected for each band, as well as settings for center/cutoff frequency, Q-factor and dB gain. Features a visual filter graph to shape frequency curves without manually entering parameter values.

- Ultrafunk Sonitus:fx Suite - The critically acclaimed Ultrafunk Sonitus:fx suite of automatable audio effects: compressor, delay, equalizer (parametric), gate, modulator, multiband (compressor), phase, reverb, surround, wahwah.

- VSampler 3.0 DXi & Sample Library - Powerful DXi digital sampler that offers extensive editing capabilities matched by extreme ease-of-use and support for industry standard sampling formats including Gigasampler, AKAI, SoundFonts, HALion, and more.

- Lexicon Reverb

-----------------------------------------

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/25             04-Sep-03  @  09:54 PM   -   RE: Sonar3 details....

§ï†ÅR

Link?: Link

Wow that sounds sweet.

Message 3/25             05-Sep-03  @  01:50 AM   -   RE: Sonar3 details....

Defector z

How much is this going to cost me...

Message 4/25             05-Sep-03  @  07:13 AM   -   RE: Sonar3 details....

psy

can i play more than one midi port live tho? i mean, throw me a friggin bone here...

Message 5/25             05-Sep-03  @  11:31 AM   -   RE: Sonar3 details....

b

Yes you can...

-Mechanical Legs-

Message 6/25             05-Sep-03  @  05:02 PM   -   RE: Sonar3 details....

spectre

Here's the pricing. That's a really good upgrade deal. I was worried. The link has some more specs about the software, also

Sonar 3 Studio

New Customers $479.00
Upgrade for registered Cakewalk customers $199.00
Upgrade for registered Pro Audio customers $149.00
Upgrade for registered Project5 customers $149.00
Upgrade for registered SONAR 1 customers $119.00
Upgrade for registered SONAR 2 customers $99.00
Upgrade for registered SONAR 1 XL customers $119.00
Upgrade for registered SONAR 2 XL customers $99.00

Sonar 3 Producer

New Customers $719.00
Upgrade for registered Cakewalk customers $349.00
Upgrade for registered Pro Audio customers $299.00
Upgrade for registered Project5 customers $299.00
Upgrade for registered SONAR 1 customers $249.00
Upgrade for registered SONAR 2 customers $229.00
Upgrade for registered SONAR 1 XL customers $199.00
Upgrade for registered SONAR 2 XL customers $179.00

Message 7/25             08-Sep-03  @  02:46 PM   -   RE: Sonar3 details....

99devils

Have they fixed the annoying oversight that you cant choose which MIDI IN port you want to record from? 'Cause I've got like 12 MIDI IN ports in my rig and that makes things pretty much useless for recording MIDI from my playing.

-Craig

Message 8/25             08-Sep-03  @  04:31 PM   -   RE: Sonar3 details....

Cakewalk

Hey,

Just checking in to see if you have any questions.

Yes, SONAR incorporates the MIDI routing enhancements that we developed for Project5. So you can record from multiple MIDI devices on multiple ports simultaneously.

You'll be pleased to hear that we've also fixed the audio engine so that it doesn't glitch when rolling out loops or moving clips. I know from earlier posts that this was important to you guys. You can even patch effects of synths and playback will not stutter.

More info on SONAR 3 here:

http://www.cakewalk.com/products/sonar/default.asp

I'll check in in a few days to see if you have any other questions.

Message 9/25             08-Sep-03  @  04:35 PM   -   RE: Sonar3 details....

Defector z

Link above for official website stuff. Looks interesting. Won't cost a ton to upgrade, either.

Message 10/25             08-Sep-03  @  09:31 PM     Edit: 08-Sep-03  |  09:41 PM   -   RE: Sonar3 details....

99devils

?s:

from the feature comparison it looks like I can't automate FX in the "studio" version?

What differentiates the "per track EQ" from the Ultrafunk EQ plug-in? I already own the Sonitus:FX Bundle.

While we're on the subject of Ultrafunk, are there new versions of the plugs in the wings? What's the upgrade policy going to be?

I was very excited to hear that Ultrafunk's plugins were acquired by Cakewalk. They are some of the best sounding plugins out there, and at a great price. Very easy to use as well.

-Craig

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 25 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)