aaa Yup, here's some ambient type dnb - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Yup, here's some ambient type dnb

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/19             07-Sep-03  @  12:55 AM   -   Yup, here's some ambient type dnb

Defector Z

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

"New" is the title. VERY repetitive drum and bass pattern, but some nice layering of melodies, I think. Hvae a listen.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/19             07-Sep-03  @  12:07 PM   -   RE: Yup, here's some ambient type dnb

beds

Link?:  Link

nice dz. i like it. reminds me of some early 90s prog-y house kinda things my mates used to have. lovely mood you've got going here, enough to keep the interest going, but maybe a bit short, i was expecting it to go somewhere else and back again when it finished. vote def z!

Message 3/19             07-Sep-03  @  09:04 PM   -   RE: Yup, here's some ambient type dnb

Broken Silence

Link?:  No link

Me likey...especially that 303ish sequence, really cool.

Only complaint here would be that I was expecting a huge bang or spark to fly towards the end, but it kept going.

Very nice work here...

Message 4/19             07-Sep-03  @  10:08 PM   -   RE: Yup, here's some ambient type dnb

mcc>

towards the end the thing started to remind me of ultramarine a bit....and if ya gotta ask if that's a good thing? then SMACK!~* i liked the way the drums came in at 00:19 and the way you follow with that weird-effected string-ish sound. the song provides nice vibe but i think you coulda varied your phrasings on a couple parts on the 4th bar....it felt a little like the melodic loops could've been played with for a little up and down interest...especially since we're talking a semi-jazzish thang...here. really liked the old-skool lfo-ed sound in the 2nd half>and the way you managed a little variation on your final bar there. i think when the airy pad section hit, you coulda let the drums drop-out entirely for a bit.

like i said....by the end i was somewhat reminded of ultramarine. nice.

Message 5/19             07-Sep-03  @  11:47 PM     Edit: 07-Sep-03  |  11:48 PM   -   RE: Yup, here's some ambient type dnb

milan

hey def z. nice track, pleasant listening for the most part. dont really dig that new synth at about 3.20 but otherwise it flows nicely and keeps a pleasant vibe thruout.

oh yeah- and i wouldnt really call it dnb, but who cares. actually the last minute sounds ike it could belong to a dnb track but screw cattegories, innit.

Message 6/19             08-Sep-03  @  08:31 AM   -   RE: Yup, here's some ambient type dnb

GrooveMonkey

Nice vibe!, really like the bass and drums, but like Milan, don't like the synths that comes in at 3:20ish

Message 7/19             08-Sep-03  @  01:02 PM   -   RE: Yup, here's some ambient type dnb

Defector z

Thanks for listening. I really considered spicing it up a bit - you know, the requisite big finish, etc., but I REALLY like the simplicity of it. The repitition, while, um...repetitive, doesn't drain on you like it is sometimes wont to do.

Which synth at around 3:20 are you talking about? I have a lead type synth coming in at around 3:07 (mirroring the 303ish thing), and a pad type synth at around 3:30 where the drums and bass drop out.

Okay - if this isn't a low key type of dnb, what would you call it?

Message 8/19             08-Sep-03  @  03:28 PM   -   RE: Yup, here's some ambient type dnb

milan

yeah, that lead sound at 3.07. it was 3.20 by the time i looked it up  

genre? dunno... electronic listening music or something?

Message 9/19             08-Sep-03  @  03:48 PM   -   RE: Yup, here's some ambient type dnb

Defector z

Like the electronic version of muzak? Electronak... heh-heh. My very own genre. Cool.

Message 10/19             08-Sep-03  @  06:33 PM   -   RE: Yup, here's some ambient type dnb

influx

Link?:  Link

Darin and the eternal Drum N Bass argument.

heh. have you ever sat and listened to any "established" drum n bass?

Pages: 1 2

There are 19 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)