aaa Just Added 15 Tracks - Input Needed - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Just Added 15 Tracks - Input Needed

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/14             10-Sep-03  @  05:28 AM   -   Just Added 15 Tracks - Input Needed

Paulbug61

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi Peeps........

Ive just added 15 of my tracks! All have been produced spanning the last 12 months, Some are ok some are poooo, i just thought id let dancetech members decide which!

http://www.dancetech.com/~Bug

The First 7 (from the top) are hip hop tracks many are just instrumentals and unfinished bits, but id lke some input anyways just to see if my producing is any good?! - the rapping is done by a friend of mine and the recording is quite poor as the room i was recording in at the time sounded awefull!!!!!!!! mabe a line here and there is done by me - im not a lyric writer ya cee.

The next 8 are all House/Tek House/Deep/Funky tracks, most of these are more recent, f.e.a.r dub mix i only finished tonight/this morning. Some again are just ideas and unfinished bits.

If anyones interseted i could really do with some input about, the arrangment and content of the music/programming/depth, and less about the general levels of the mixes, compression, eq ect...as some of the tracks are quite rough and none are mastered!! With the house tracks try to take into consideration that you would be in a club dancing to the beat - would you dance?

any critisim is well recived, thats what im looking for - go ahead rip into me.......Please

Cheers

Bug 

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             10-Sep-03  @  06:09 AM   -   RE: Just Added 15 Tracks - Input Needed

mcc>

Link?:  No link

first of all i think it's goofy to spit out 15 tracks at once and expect any kind of reasonable discussion which is either fair to you or those being asked to review your many, as-you-say, unfinished pieces.

that said....i really like your track chilled out downbeat hop. it's straightforward...has a nice quiet sunshiny vibe which i sooo appreciate over any of the weirder squeakier and toxin-laden hip-hop i hear these days. it sounds like a natural for some tv-soap and nose-ring girl to sing over...be careful if you go that way that it don't become generic. rather try a little flute or string action...maybe anoce old-skool analog synth lead...keep it simple...towards the middle and see if you can't take it a step further.

i never have time to hear 15 tracks by anybody so that's all you get....but it sounds promising. the sounds were good.

Message 3/14             10-Sep-03  @  07:13 AM   -   RE: Just Added 15 Tracks - Input Needed

Garuna

Link?:  Link

Just listening to.... err.. Image Of The Present - Original Clutter ... very impressive. Great sounds. Mix sounds good in lo fi. Will indeed work in a club. Assuming that this one's done. The rap song was good too. The unfinished ones... Well, finish them. (And post one at a time please). How to tell when it's done? When you think it sounds like a song and not a "bit".

Message 4/14             10-Sep-03  @  01:19 PM   -   RE: Just Added 15 Tracks - Input Needed

Paulbug61

Yea I know i should of just posted a few, i just wanted to give people an idea of what its is i make. A litte overboard mabe?

I wish i could finish some of the tracks, but unfourtounatly most of them are now lost (nearly All the Hip Hop - Except the chilled one) and i shall have to look to the future for full tracks!

Thanks people - keep it comming!

Bug

Message 5/14             10-Sep-03  @  02:55 PM   -   RE: Just Added 15 Tracks - Input Needed

mcc>

Link?:  No link

a program like ableton live is great for such tracks where you have audio to play with but want to attack the arrangement and do some manipulations to the loops themselves.

Message 6/14             10-Sep-03  @  03:25 PM   -   RE: Just Added 15 Tracks - Input Needed

Paulbug61

Yea i was thinking of getting some of the tracks cutting out full sections and looping them to try to get them finished, i think i wiil try adding something to the chilled one as i have most of the samples, i dont want vocals tho, mabe strings as you say mcc. Just for the record i played the acoustic guitar and bass on that track! which for me is an achivement!

If you only Have time to listen to one more give BASSICS a listen, i like this one, mainly for the music its self.

Bug

And if you have anymore time listen to F.E.A.R Dub mix its a fucked up tekno/housey/dark effort, my newest track!

Message 7/14             11-Sep-03  @  04:06 PM   -   RE: Just Added 15 Tracks - Input Needed

Paulbug61

Is no one interested in just giving 2 more a listen, please i could do with some input!

If you all can please at least give the other 2 i mentioned above a listen: -

Bassics
+
F.E.A.R Dub Mix

Thanks

Bug

Message 8/14             11-Sep-03  @  06:47 PM   -   RE: Just Added 15 Tracks - Input Needed

milan

yeah yeah... when i get the time.

(thats called pulling a Sitar on you btw ;)

Message 9/14             11-Sep-03  @  11:00 PM   -   RE: Just Added 15 Tracks - Input Needed

0/d

Bassics is cool, it has a nice vibe to it. I like the beats too, and the legato synth lead thing in the chorus

Message 10/14             11-Sep-03  @  11:10 PM   -   RE: Just Added 15 Tracks - Input Needed

0/d

Listening to F>E>A>R now...

Its like luke slater without the distortion! Its cool but sounds to me like you're trying to get this minimal thing going, but its got no groove. It lacks that tribal quality, a sense of movement and depth in the repetition - that thing that makes it different from every other 'boom tish boom tish clap' track. Its cool tho, I like those washy stabs and the yello style vocal stabs - nice reverb too.

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)