aaa new track up - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: new track up

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/14             15-Sep-03  @  10:40 PM   -   new track up

§ï†ÅR

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Has it's moments :P

"on the floor four" has techno elements and trance elements crowbarred into one track.

Enjoy!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             16-Sep-03  @  12:18 AM   -   RE: new track up

Broken Silence

Link?:  No link

OMG sweet beat/drums/ummp tzzz....sounds like you're dabbling in(or stomping on:D)Marco V's style...

Don't like that arpy synth at 2:30...to light sounding for the drums

This song is so enjoyable, I love it.

Dig the pads towards the end with all the little bleeps and squeeks- SWEET song

Andrew

Message 3/14             16-Sep-03  @  03:03 AM   -   RE: new track up

§ï†ÅR

Thanks for the listen Broken Silence. Very very happy you enjoyed it!

Message 4/14             16-Sep-03  @  05:40 AM   -   RE: new track up

mcc>

your production sounds great...the beats and switching of vibes is very cool but it sounds like you're only getting your toes wet conceptually in many of your movements. most of your pieces display a great melodic knack...subtle as those lines might be~ and yet this seems to shy away from the full-attack...hookwise.
i think the basis for something even more exciting exists here. have you considered circling back towards the song's original orbital-ish theme?

it's good to see you cutting-it-up again.

Message 5/14             16-Sep-03  @  10:21 AM   -   RE: new track up

Moujik

Link?:  Link

This is really nice Sitar - I can definately hear the Orbital influence  

(Doh! Scrap that - the "tribal" drums have just kicked in!!)

One thing though - some of the sounds are a bit "raw" to my ears. Wondered if some delay here & there might help?

Lovely stuff as usual though.

Message 6/14             16-Sep-03  @  11:57 AM   -   RE: new track up

§ï†ÅR

Thanks for listening guys. Forgot to mention I don't know who Marco V is. Unfortunately I don't take the time to listen to much music.

What happened with this track is that I wanted it finished and spent 1 day and a little of the evening before to write it. It should be a 9 minute track. I was still thinking the 1.5 mb limit was in effect. I remember 2 mb being discussed a while back. I should've checked cuz it's up to 3! DOH!

I would've could've should've given more time to bring the trancy lead in. And yes I thought of circling back to the opening theme but I saw the 7 minute mark coming up and as it is I got scared after making the mp3 and finding it was quite a bit over 1.5 mb.

Thanks again.

Message 7/14             16-Sep-03  @  12:16 PM   -   RE: new track up

Maarten

Link?:  Link

As I wrote you already- love the track and very much appreciate the subtleness.

Message 8/14             16-Sep-03  @  04:17 PM   -   RE: new track up

RagnarOk

Didn't really liked it until 3:20, but then... that synth part is awesome, and also the one around 4:22. Really beautiful/scary stuff sometimes, but somehow they doesn't seem to come together for me. Nice way you ended the song, simple and clean.

Message 9/14             16-Sep-03  @  07:38 PM   -   RE: new track up

errata

hmmm... there's a "whiney sound" in this that hurts a bit, but otherwise it's really very good. i thought it wa a bit "cluttered" for my taste, since there's little processing on the raw sounds... like with The ORB, they get a ton of things going at once like this, but they drench everything in effects that help it all gel... I'm not sure this gelled, but I still liked it.

The enrgy when the techno kicks in is classic... good stuff... diggin' it

e

Message 10/14             16-Sep-03  @  10:21 PM   -   RE: new track up

§ï†ÅR

Thanks again for the listen Errata and RagnarOK.

I know I didn't spend time mixing this and threw a quick finalizer on the whole mixdown, but a couple of you have mentioned it sounding raw and possibly needing more delay. I'm curious cuz there are delays all over place except for the tribal drums and the bassy thing (which might do well with a very subtle delay). If you can be more specific it would be of help.

The whiny sound in there came onboard either with the finalizing or the mp3. A bit trebly in the mix somewhere.

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)