aaa Sonar 3 - arrived! - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Sonar 3 - arrived!

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/32             01-Oct-03  @  10:02 PM   -   Sonar 3 - arrived!

Mindspawn

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Just got the new Sonar 3 yesterday... Lots of bits are better, some really nice, and some not quite there. The audio "glitching" when editing tracks in the clips pane is still present, although greatly reduced. We've now got track eqs available on every track with a thumbnail of the eq curves (kind of a paragraphic display). CPU drain actually WENT DOWN by about 2-5% across the board on our tracks done in Sonar 2.2!

The layout actually reminds me a lot of Logic... Still haven't had the time to check out things like making MIDI loops that go a full bar regardless of MIDI data, checking the looping tools and so on, but on a quick overview, lots of nice tweaks and new bits to tinker with... I'll probably have a go at this weekend to see if I can "break" it...=)

Toodles

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/32             01-Oct-03  @  10:16 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 - arrived!

errata

Link?:  Link

"Note: SONAR 3 does not support Windows 95, 98, ME, or NT"

wow... surprised at that!

Still, I'm gettin' the new one next month!

e

Message 3/32             02-Oct-03  @  12:18 PM     Edit: 02-Oct-03  |  12:24 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 - arrived!

§ï†ÅR

Congrats! I got an email last night saying mine's been shipped. Can't wait. The console view screenie reminded me a lot of Logic in it's look.

Message 4/32             02-Oct-03  @  05:59 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 - arrived!

99devils

Did they fix the annoying thing of not being able to select which midi input port you wnt to record from? Hence I get all the channel 1's instead of just channel 1 on my Nord?

-Craig

Message 5/32             02-Oct-03  @  06:04 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 - arrived!

§ï†ÅR

I just got word from my wife that Sonar3 arrived! Gonna be a long day at work. Damn and I have UT2k3 practice tonight.

I don't know if I will be one to find that out Craig. I haven't been able to use my midi box since going over to XP cuz I can't get the correct drivers for my MOTU Midi Express. I use the 1 midi in and out I have on my layla sc and that's it.

Message 6/32             02-Oct-03  @  08:21 PM     Edit: 02-Oct-03  |  08:21 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 - arrived!

99devils

Sitar, they've had WDM drivers for MOTU midi boxes for a long time now. In fact, my Micro Express has never performed so well.

Click here for drivers

If you're on a parallel interface, then you need to make sure that the parallel port is set to the proper type in BIOS. I think it's SPP(?).

-Craig

Message 7/32             02-Oct-03  @  08:22 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 - arrived!

99devils

Besides, if there's a dropdown for selecting MIDI in port (like for audio input channels) then we should be good to go.

Message 8/32             02-Oct-03  @  10:19 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 - arrived!

§ï†ÅR

Thanks. I'll check out the drivers when I get home. But if I remember correctly, I had to be registered and I lost that info 2 computers ago and my email is different. Maybe not. Maybe I tried a driver and it didn't work or something strange happened like it crashed my puter. I'll have a look in the bios if it gets that far.

Message 9/32             02-Oct-03  @  11:11 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 - arrived!

psylichon

I gave up on my MOTU parallel MIDI interface when i switched to XP. No amount of tweaking of port settings would get the driver to stay installed and functional, and I'm not the only one...

Message 10/32             02-Oct-03  @  11:46 PM   -   RE: Sonar 3 - arrived!

§ï†ÅR

maybe that's the problem then. I know there was something.

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 32 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)