aaa New errata track, fishin' for input - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: New errata track, fishin' for input

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/22             02-Oct-03  @  07:32 PM   -   New errata track, fishin' for input

errata

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

Hey...

So I got off my lazy ass and turned one of my songs into a, well, a song (actually, there's no singing so it's not really a song per se, ah screw it)...

it's called "I Have One Ton"...

This is a rough edit of a new track I'm working on. Bass might be too deep (I tend to do that)... and it's edited down for size. I'm looking for feedback, should I focus on the mellow parts or play up the crazy arp'ed bits. I really hate working solo, got used to being able to evaluate a track objectively when i was working with someone... ah well, that's what you're for, right?

Happy to make this a consideration for the compilation, but I plan to mix it better, and the original flows a bit better without the time constraint! Shrug...

comments...???

e

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/22             02-Oct-03  @  08:12 PM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

Influx

Link?: Link

Im supposed to say "put it here you bastid"

Message 3/22             02-Oct-03  @  08:14 PM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

errata

huh?

I don't get it...

Is this somehow related to "hands free sampling"?

e

Message 4/22             02-Oct-03  @  08:29 PM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

errata

Oh, wait... no... it it is here... that's why the encoding sucks... it's onmy user page... and in the music section...

I done my part...

screw that MP3.com address... I've never deleted it from my profile and it's automatic when I'm signed in.

e

Message 5/22             02-Oct-03  @  09:25 PM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

PB

Link?:  No link

hmmmmm lovely song. Only thing to pick at is when the ambient break you have. WHen you bring the beat back, i'm sort of waiting for something big to come with it - not just the original beat. i like that arpytwarpy thing at the end to support the ambient notes. ME LIkeYS!

Message 6/22             02-Oct-03  @  10:05 PM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

errata

Cheers PB... thanks for the listen... I was thinking the same thing listening to it this morning that as the breakdown ends it should come back bigger and harder...

Thanks for the comments, glad you liked it.

e

Message 7/22             03-Oct-03  @  04:16 PM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

RagnarOk

This is one cool song. Only thing maybe, when that strange synth part remains "alone" at 4:51... It goes on for a few seconds until I get "used to it".

Also, I was expecting something to come at the end, some kind of "solution part"  

Otherwise, really smooth, good progression, and I like the vibe really.

Message 8/22             03-Oct-03  @  04:19 PM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

RagnarOk

Yea, and no problem with the bass, really.

Message 9/22             03-Oct-03  @  05:24 PM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

errata

Cool, R... thnaks for the listen.

I edited the track for time, so the end is sort of abrubt. But I think I let the "pad" part go on to long...

Thanks guys, for the comments.

e

Message 10/22             05-Oct-03  @  02:03 PM   -   RE: New errata track, fishin' for input

0/d

I really like this... the beat, the arp, the chimey ambient pad that rings around in the breakdown and the subtle way the beat works its way back in. The track does sound a little rigid, but maybe thats just me, I like my electro messy and raw, with loads of abstract ideas. I agree that the track is screaming out for something. That square arp in the first half, maybe a massive chord progression or key shift on all instraments - something that would absoulutely devastate a dancefloor purely by suprising them.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)