aaa Using Logic with Reason - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

04-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Using Logic with Reason

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/13             14-Oct-03  @  04:48 PM   -   Using Logic with Reason

Benn Two

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hello,

I am running Logic Plat 5.5 on a decent PC. I want to use the just the sounds in Reason (especially the drums) but sequence and FX through Logic. I know I need Rewire but my question is:- is using Rewire with Reason through Logic stable and bug free?/ Can I do it?

Thank you,

Benn Two

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             14-Oct-03  @  05:47 PM   -   RE: Using Logic with Reason

milan

Link?: Link

you cant sequence reason from logic. you can only get the audio from it into logics mixer.

Message 3/13             15-Oct-03  @  10:15 AM   -   RE: Using Logic with Reason

beds

Link?:  Link

what he said.

i've asked this before though (and never checked it out myself) can reason accept midi input? could you use that midi pipe thing (wassitcalled?) and route the midi out of logic into reason.

Message 4/13             15-Oct-03  @  10:21 AM   -   RE: Using Logic with Reason

K

that's REWIRE-1, where you route audio ONLY into the host sequencr... REWIRE-2 allows midi to route thru to the rewired device.

Message 5/13             15-Oct-03  @  01:01 PM   -   RE: Using Logic with Reason

Benn Two

Sorry, I wasn't very clear. I want to use Reason's drums and a couple of reasons synth but use logic to seqeunce them. Doesn't rewire 2 allow me to use Logic as normal but be able to use reason synths as virtual instruments?

Message 6/13             15-Oct-03  @  02:46 PM   -   RE: Using Logic with Reason

beds

logic on pc doesn't allow you to use the logic sequencer to sequence reason. it's crap.

you can use the reason sequencer (oh god no) to do your parts and have the audio rewire into logic though. but that's just shite. might as well sample the drums from reason.

Message 7/13             15-Oct-03  @  05:26 PM   -   RE: Using Logic with Reason

Benn Two

Thank you beds. So I can't load the re-drum synth into audio instrument one in Logic and have say a reason kick on C1 on the keyboard? Bet Cubase can do it, eh?

Message 8/13             15-Oct-03  @  06:29 PM   -   RE: Using Logic with Reason

beds

that's not the way it works with cubase or sonar really.

rewire works by routing the audio outputs of reason modules into audio tracks in logic or cubase etc.

rewire 2 let you sequence using the host (sonar/cubase) but not with logic on a pc, they never got round to doing it properly. but i still think they might be a way around it with hubi's midi loopback thingy. does that work on xp? anyone?

i'm not about to install reason to try it out meself.

Message 9/13             15-Oct-03  @  07:53 PM   -   RE: Using Logic with Reason

k

yes, sonar & cubase work like that (well cubase does for sure, i cant remember with sonar2 without booting it's host PC up)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 10/13             15-Oct-03  @  11:03 PM   -   RE: Using Logic with Reason

psylichon

In Sonar, you open Reason as a "Rewire Device," then you set up your Reason rack as you like, and whatever synths you setup show up as MIDI devices in Sonar, which you can then select as outputs for MIDI tracks and sequence Reason from Sonar. This MIDI routing is what the "2" in Rewire2 gets you.

All 64 virtual outputs from Reason also show up as audio inputs in Sonar, so you can digitally pipe the audio back to Sonar. This is the extent of Rewire1, no MIDI.

The MIDI loopback is a nice idea, beds, but would be rather tedious as Reason only accepts one MIDI port and channel as a source for sequencing. Unless you take your parts as audio one at a time, this is not the way to work.

psy

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)