aaa Side Step - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

19-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Side Step

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             30-Oct-03  @  08:48 AM     Edit: 07-Nov-03  |  04:25 PM   -   GM - Side Step

mczyzynski

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

New track up! Its called Side Step (Expulsion Mix). Sort of D&B type thing..

Give it a listen and lemme know what you think

Ta

G

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             03-Nov-03  @  03:29 AM   -   RE: Side Step

queasy00

Link?:  Link

sounds nothing like dnb to me! though there is a drum. and a really low bass heh  

oh wait.. after the second part.. dnb... man.. that's kinda cool.. at first i didn't know what to think when you initially broke out into that distorted-feedbacked-ish sort of lead instrument -- it sounds pretty awesome when it plays near the end.

something's odd tho about your mix.. it sounds really distant and far away.. like the kick is taking up too much headroom or something? maybe try compressing it a bit? because you have some cool sounds that are really quiet.

-j

Message 3/12             06-Nov-03  @  11:39 AM   -   RE: Side Step

GrooveMonkey

Yeah, it does sound a bit distant, some of that is the lofi encoding, it sounds way better hifi.. But some bits are a bit on the quiet side I'll have a play with it and re-post

G

Message 4/12             08-Nov-03  @  07:06 AM   -   RE: Side Step

Broken Silence

Woot! 909 kit in dnb!  

Catchy lead in the begining...love the vocal pads! Where from?

Feedback lead sounds a lil loud to me..it sounds really upfront too in a distant mix like queasy said....

Distant isnt bad, but I can imagine how the lofi really makes it seem distant- I'd like to hear it hifi!

Really interesting...not something that I'd expect and it catches me off guard which is very refreshing..

Good job mang, glad to see you around again.

Message 5/12             10-Nov-03  @  10:19 AM   -   RE: Side Step

GrooveMonkey

Thanks Andrew... yeah a 909 kit is out of place for d&b but it was sounding just too D&B with a different kit and I didn't want it sounding like a straight ahead D&B sort of thing.

G

Message 6/12             10-Nov-03  @  02:10 PM   -   RE: Side Step

Defector Z

As the reigning dnb expert here, I can definitily say this could be dnb. Or it could NOT be dnb.

Agree with the others on the mix. Seems way off.

Not sure I like the anthem style breakdown.

Not a bad track overall, but my EXPANSIVE knowledge of dnb would lead me to suggest that this isn't dnb at all. Breaks of some sort?

(ps - that whole 'King of dnb' thing was pure sarcasm...)

Message 7/12             13-Nov-03  @  01:17 PM   -   RE: Side Step

GrooveMonkey

Cheers DZ...

All gail the king of D&B

G

Message 8/12             13-Nov-03  @  04:59 PM   -   RE: Side Step

RagnarOk

Hmmm, breaks maybe, but never mind, this is one cool song. Its all so subtle and gentle but that distorted lead. I would say melancholic, yes. i really like it this way.

Message 9/12             17-Nov-03  @  10:59 AM   -   RE: Side Step

GrooveMonkey

Ta Rags... I dunno what this is exactly... breaks, d&b.. who cares... writing it was a larf.. yeah it is quite melanmcholic... actuallt I was gonna call it somethign along those lines.

New mix coming up soon...

thanks for the listens folks...

G

Message 10/12             17-Nov-03  @  05:26 PM   -   RE: Side Step

mcc>

Link?:  No link

it's hard to play that progression without it becoming a samba.
i know. i've spent eons there.

like i said via e-mail....this is very nice but i think the beginning flounders a bit. perhaps less-so upon repeated listens but~ still......

i really like your squelchy lead sound but not the manner in which it introduces itself. the little staccato bits sound like you're just finding the notes. i think a single, long pronounced note would make a better entrance as that is it's true element....as you aptly demonstrate further into the piece.

i'd like to remix this.
perhaps pulling in bits of rich grandsol's 918 or 819.....which works in the same range but with piano.
can i give it a shot?

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)