aaa Macs! What are they again?? - Computer music & technology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

26-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Computer music & technology

Subject: Macs! What are they again??

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Original Message 1/36             13-Jun-04  @  01:57 AM   -   Macs! What are they again??

Steve Roughley

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hi all.

God... been ages since I last posted here.

Anyways, working late and one of my workmates showed me this earlier today, and I thought you lot might be interested:

web-link

I'm buying one!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/36             05-Aug-04  @  03:52 AM   -   RE: Macs! What are they again??

Musineer Productions

From my experience, the Mac's the one that's still working whilst your blanking the
PC's drive due to the latest worm/virus/or general unhelpful meddling.src='images/sad.gif'>

Message 3/36             05-Aug-04  @  03:53 PM   -   RE: Macs! What are they again??

dARKSTATe

Really? Guess from your experience those PCs weren't particularly well configured, protected or used then...

Message 4/36             05-Aug-04  @  07:26 PM   -   RE: Macs! What are they again??

Influx

funny how some random always pops up to talk shit when the word mac comes up.

my studio pc works beeyootifully

Message 5/36             06-Aug-04  @  05:21 AM   -   RE: Macs! What are they again??

Musineer Productions

And I hope it continues to do so.
However mine is infected.
It's true it probably wasn't as secure as it could have been, but then again I'm a
musician who uses a computer - not a technician who makes music. By the same
logic, the Macs were configured to a similar level of competance, yet they're
working fine.
And what's shit about saying PCs get more crap chucked at them than Macs?
Both systems seem to have their good points, but on this issue Macs stand out.
And before some nutter sees that as a challenge, I've no doubt it is possible to
arse up Macs too.
Anyway, it was merely an observation based on personal experience in response
to what seemed to be a humourous jibe. Don't get so touchy folks! Why do people
get so fanatical about this PC/Mac thing anyway? I moved from Atari a couple of
years ago, and by comparison I think both Macs and PCs are excellent.

Message 6/36             06-Aug-04  @  09:11 AM   -   RE: Macs! What are they again??

dARKSTATe

Whoa an ex-Atari ST user eh?! That explains why you reckon you're a "musician who uses a computer"...

LoL..."..it probably wasn't as secure as it could've been..." coz in all sensibility, ya shouldn't be putting yer music workstation on the 'net where it can catch shit in the first place!!!! (PC OR MAC) but that's just IMO...

Chill out mate, its the WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKEND!!!!

Message 7/36             06-Aug-04  @  10:35 AM   -   RE: Macs! What are they again??

k

Link?:  Link

yeah, the amount of attacks for Windows PC's and IE Windows browser is ludicrous... it's a damned shame... but statisticaly mac's are such a minority of total PC users it's not surprising they get less stuff attacking them

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/36             13-Aug-04  @  12:23 PM   -   RE: Macs! What are they again??

sitar

I was going to say that. When somebody wants to do damage or just get a kick hearing about their virus in the news they're not going to put the energy toward Mac. Although the last place I worked about 5 years ago our Macs were infected with a virus.

Message 9/36             13-Aug-04  @  01:01 PM   -   RE: Macs! What are they again??

SignalRunners - BLU

also, remember- most of the people i have met, studios ive been in, where they are running G4/5's they arent connected to the internet where the obvious danger lies.

Whereas your average music maker on pc is using an all in one job for everything, so are open to attack.

I think if people kept there old pc the next time they updateed, and kept it for internet, there new music pc would be fucking wicked as a music only machine!

i mean, no one upgrades for using the internet,. but for more horsepower for there music apps.

Just think, A spanking new AMD/P4 with a fresh xp2000 install, with just SX and a handful of there most used vst/i/s in the bare-naked programme directory! Beaaaaaautiful   (and 100% virus free!)

Blu

Message 10/36             13-Aug-04  @  04:38 PM   -   RE: Macs! What are they again??

craig

Blu said:

Just think, A spanking new AMD/P4 with a fresh xp2000 install, with just SX and a handful of there most used vst/i/s in the bare-naked programme directory! Beaaaaaautiful (and 100% virus free!)

And people wonder why I seldom complain about PC problems...

Pages: 1 2 3 4

There are 36 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)