aaa Short breakfast meditation - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

06-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Short breakfast meditation

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/15             04-Sep-04  @  05:17 PM   -   Short breakfast meditation

Bluescreen

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

with the DSI Poly Evolver:
MassiveDefeat

It's a pain to mix Evolver-only-tracks, every single voice is very heavy.
Some hints on the mix ?

Stefan

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/15             05-Sep-04  @  06:44 AM   -   RE: Short breakfast meditation

mcc>

mix sounded good i thought> but a couple of the sounds seemed to be noisier and took up more space than necessary.
i enjoyed the first part of the song more than the second, darker part.
but i always like the lighter parts....yes.
one part of the second section pops out very clean...that i liked.
if i were to remix this...we'd probably never even see that portion of the song....
and just keep it to the fantasy.
that i liked a lot.

Message 3/15             05-Sep-04  @  09:33 AM   -   RE: Short breakfast meditation

Bluescreen

Thanks for listening, Clay.

I think I need to connect the single audio outs of the Poly Evolver instead of using the mix out in multimode to be able to use EQs on every single sound.

In terms of the overall feeling: There is no dark part in this song. I had a good breakfast and was steadily smiling about the power of the poly sounds when arranging this track

But I must admit that I have a rather superficial approach to making music. There's not much emotions in my stuff, I simply enjoy to make noises and rhythms

Message 4/15             05-Sep-04  @  04:29 PM   -   RE: Short breakfast meditation

mcc>

>>I think I need to connect the single audio outs of the Poly Evolver instead of using the mix out in multimode to be able to use EQs on every single sound.

this can always help in regards to separation.

>>In terms of the overall feeling: There is no dark part in this song.

well...i didn't mean DARK DARK. just that the second quasi-kraut-rok movement was more somber...less eclesiastical than the first.
i think the first movement has enough going for it to carry an entire piece...with perhaps short bits of the other passage.

>>I had a good breakfast and was steadily smiling about the power of the poly sounds when arranging this track.

this is easy to understand. nice breakfast....nice family safely running about the house...dad and his poly-evolver!!!
woohoo stefan!
i'm glad you're doing well.

>>But I must admit that I have a rather superficial approach to making music. There's not much emotions in my stuff, I simply enjoy to make noises and rhythms

we've gone over this before. and i don't wanna pull dr. Q in here or your birth-chart...but i've always believed because of your chops-man background...
you tend to play with your hands and your mind and not always your soul.
that's not to say soulful things don't occur here...or that you're not a soulful person.
i simply believe you're afraid to let everything hang-out emotionally when you compose.
it can be a weird almost scary thing to let certain musics really take over.
simplify. find god lurking in those passages. put those tired blues formulas away.
and roll with it.
you know what i'm talking about. you've got a whole heritage of music
you're standing upon.

btw....i uploaded fragilo for everyone's enjoyment.
web-link
another great example of you allowing one passage to occur only ONCE before moving on to the next.

ah...nevermind me...just have fun playing dad and keep enjoying those
evolver breakfasts.

Message 5/15             07-Sep-04  @  01:09 PM   -   RE: Short breakfast meditation

Bluescreen

Thanks for the analysis, mcc.

I must admit that you know a little better than me what I felt during the making of that track I only remember that te sun was shining

>>i simply believe you're afraid to let everything hang-out emotionally when you compose.

I can't urge it. If it doesn't happen, it doesn't. Gotta be content when some teetering happens

Message 6/15             07-Sep-04  @  02:38 PM   -   RE: Short breakfast meditation

mcc>

>>I must admit that you know a little better than me what I felt during the making of that track ......

i'm sorry stefan for suggesting anything....but when people ask others to take the time to listen to their tracks and provide feedback....
i'm gonna do that (if i've got the time or inkling).
it's hard to stick with just discussing the mix since what's experienced on my end as listener is more than just mix-related.
far more interesting to me, is discussing the material itself....and the nature of those teetery sunny mornings.
consider it a push in that direction.

Message 7/15             07-Sep-04  @  03:18 PM   -   RE: Short breakfast meditation

Bluescreen

Please don't misunderstand, Clay, that wasn't meant negative. I really enjoyed to read your "interpretation" of what has been going on and had to smirk when I recognized that you were pointing into the right direction

Initially I thought that people would immediately classify this track as boom-tschak 4 to the floor.

Message 8/15             08-Sep-04  @  01:51 AM   -   RE: Short breakfast meditation

DJ MEGAHEAD

Link?:  No link

I was quite intrigued by the synth. Very nice. Good work.

Message 9/15             08-Sep-04  @  06:04 AM   -   RE: Short breakfast meditation

mcc>ayev2k

i'm glad you're not taking my criticism as that of being harsh or of mean intent.

you once told me your wife and daughter weren't really crazy about your music.
i just want to hear you did a song which made the two of them swoon and cry and say....
dad...you're always our hero......but now you're our musical hero too!!!!

that would truly make my day.

Message 10/15             08-Sep-04  @  06:07 AM   -   RE: Short breakfast meditation

mcc>

(to admin: ....occasionally i'll find myself unable to see what's in my "from" box when i post.
no big deal really.....but i thought i'd mention it.)

Pages: 1 2

There are 15 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)