aaa Breaks........Here>>>>> - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Breaks........Here>>>>>

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/18             09-Jan-05  @  02:55 PM   -   Breaks........Here>>>>>

IckaBot

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Hey Hey All! Thanks 4 Takin' The Time To Check Out My Little Thread Here...... I Made Couple Of Breaks And Would Love To Hear Back 4m Anybody And Everybody Who Would Take The Time Out To Give My Tracks A Listen And Get Back To Me With What You Think....... Bangin' 808 and Funky Rythms... Thanks Again All

mail me at: ickabot12@yahoo.com with any feedback......
Remember: Djs Do It With 12 Inches..

Bet,
IckaBot

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/18             09-Jan-05  @  08:32 PM   -   RE: Breaks........Here>>>>>

Influx

that must have taken you 15 minutes to type like that.

annoying. but Ill still listen to it cuz no one posts breakbeat tracks here

Message 3/18             09-Jan-05  @  08:35 PM   -   RE: Breaks........Here>>>>>

Influx

just started track 1, and I hate to say it but shame on you for using funky drummer, dude. thats one of the most overused loops ever, alongside amen, and you didnt even cut it up!

sounds a bit "loopy" meaning...the same thing over and over again. got a cool funky percussive vibe to it, yeah, definitely, but...I cant help but balk at the loop used. youre about 10 years late with that one 

Ill check some other tracks, too...

Message 4/18             09-Jan-05  @  08:37 PM   -   RE: Breaks........Here>>>>>

Influx

oh shit, and then you use "apache" in the 2nd track?

you might take offense, but..yeah...breaks has moved on, unless you live in Florida and ONLY listen to DJ Icey. Even he wouldnt be caught dead usin Apache or Funky Drummer.

If Amen is in your third track youre fired.

if anything...cut the damn things up, man...retrigger them creatively...apply effects to personalize? all I hear here is cut and paste.

Message 5/18             09-Jan-05  @  08:41 PM   -   RE: Breaks........Here>>>>>

Influx

ok...this is the last I'll say. you use loops too much 

are you making your own sounds? or just tracking samples in something like fruity? If the former...make your own breakbeats, too! creative processing can make them sound easily as good as the old ones that are used over and over and over and over.

my opinion is that the MOST important aspect of ANY music writing is to personalize it. Use a loop? Ok...then cut it up! effect it! or...just hide it in the background for a groove. Theres no reason you cant program your own drums...

on the technical side...not sure what these are encoded at, didnt check, but the mixes sound a bit unbalanced. time and practice will get that for you though

Message 6/18             09-Jan-05  @  08:43 PM   -   RE: Breaks........Here>>>>>

Influx

oh...one last thing

as a way to get initiated into what is going on now in breaks:

www.nubreaks.com

www.breakbeatworldwide.com (run by Oddissi, Quest, and Mutiny, three of the biggest names in drum'n'bass style breaks right now)

TONS of mixes there, TONS of free track downloads, and plenty of fairly solid advice.

Message 7/18             10-Jan-05  @  09:57 AM   -   RE: Breaks........Here>>>>>

groovemonkey

Not a big breaks fan, but those beats are tired and old.. like Influx sez, cut em up a bit, or better still chuck em out and do something new.

G

Message 8/18             10-Jan-05  @  01:00 PM   -   RE: Breaks........Here>>>>>

k

Link?:  Link

yeah, but i like the bits and pieces he's put over things

it sounds like someone starting out with Fruity to a certain extent by the simplicity of the way things come in and out, it feels very 'pattern based' sortathing, but i think he does it quite tastefuly timing-wise, and the little fx and stuff time off nicely etc

just the beats are a bit static and as you say loop lifted in whole, it's heading in the right direction tho doncha think?

that site you listed above (www.breakbeatworldwide.com) - there's a track on the frontpage (Koma and Bones - Get down) - that doesnt exactly set me on fire in terms of super-original beat creation either, pretty simple stuff too.... Ikabot's not that far off

oh yeah, btw, there's hundreds of old vinyl breaks in the files section here - i forgot all about them until i saw the 'SAMPLES' link on that breakbeatworldwide site - lol - (all .wav 44.1)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/18             10-Jan-05  @  03:52 PM   -   RE: Breaks........Here>>>>>

Influx

"there's a track on the frontpage (Koma and Bones - Get down) "

yeah...its a remix by Breakfastaz. Me personally...not all that impressed with them. Theyre kinda just revamping the old hardcare/rave vibe, and their drum programming isnt their strong point. They use the "hoover" sound quite frequently as well.

I do like some of the sounds this person uses, but part of me suspects its a lot of drag and drop using precreated samples.

again...personalize that shit! I only pointed those two sites because they are the current breakbeat sites. Doesnt mean that everything there is the best of the best or that it should be emulated.

theres a lot of cocky brits there who think theyre the best since sliced bread ,but theres some talent there, too. Check out Baobinga. He does some cool shit for sure!

Message 10/18             11-Jan-05  @  02:57 AM   -   RE: Breaks........Here>>>>>

Garuna

Sounds like this guy is starting out and off to a fine start. Keep em coming Icka. Great filtered bass noises. Influx in the club saturday night hearing an Icka tune: "Hey stop dancing people. That loop is 10 years old. You, stop nodding, he didn't cut up the sample. Sit down, stop having fun, all of you. This music is too late!" Influx your comments are all correct, but relax man.

Give the guy a..... break

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)