aaa Never Can Say Goodbye - Commercial House - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: Never Can Say Goodbye - Commercial House

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/18             19-Feb-05  @  09:28 PM     Edit: 19-Feb-05  |  09:48 PM   -   Never Can Say Goodbye - Commercial House MP3

Groove Factory

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

"Never Can Say Goodbye" - Groove Factory (Billy Dean Club Mix)
Genre: Funky Commercial House

320 Kbps 44,100 Hz
Download MP3

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/18             19-Feb-05  @  09:30 PM     Edit: 19-Feb-05  |  09:49 PM   -   RE: Never Can Say Goodbye - Commercial House

Groove Factory

[posted edited]

Message 3/18             20-Feb-05  @  07:53 AM   -   RE: Never Can Say Goodbye - Commercial House

groovemonkey

Link?: Link

Oh please.. not another pointless house mix of an old tune.

Why do you people bother????

why not just go and wrte something original, fresh and new rather than dragging up the past and making it sound cheesy and crap!

Its exactly "producers" like you that are killing any respect electronica has. get off yer lazy arse and write something of your own

G

Message 4/18             20-Feb-05  @  09:26 AM     Edit: 20-Feb-05  |  02:51 PM   -   RE: Never Can Say Goodbye - Commercial House

Groove Factory

And it's "Producers" like you that hijack a thread with nothing to say just because they like to hear their own mouths running. I don't give a shit how long you think I've been here... I found an old post of mine from Dec 22 2000. And you?

Pointless house mix? You either like it or you don't.. and in your case you don't. All your whining about the track got you quite a mouthful, so split it out and be done with it.

Point noted... but you're saying no one here samples any tracks that were popular in the day and remixes them again into another track? Because the remix is how our industry began in NY when Larry Levan started playing LP records together and then decided there would be a business in making tracks longer for the dance floor.

So how is being creative different from that? What next, making dance music with samples is not a good idea because someone else makes the samples?

F_CKING RUBBISH

Besides the acapella sample everything else we did on this track was "original" and 'fresh". Fun too! Just not meant for everyone's taste. And we are OK with that...thickest skull that you'll ever come across. And if you have any constructive criticism let it fly. If you hate it, I'm ok with that too. I'll have loads of my own comments for your tracks. And yes, three lables are looking very closley once the other 3 mixes are completed.

And Groovemonkey, when you're on my post keep your words intelligent or Eat Them.

Message 5/18             20-Feb-05  @  09:50 AM   -   RE: Never Can Say Goodbye - Commercial House

groovemonkey

remixes are fine, no issues there.... but there has been too much of this oh lets just go and remix some old crap form the 80's or whenever. Its all like lets just jump oin the curent bandwagon....

Who said anything about the BBC or how long we have all been here....

Its not a hijack, I personally think your track sucks... period! deal with it

G

Message 6/18             20-Feb-05  @  09:55 AM   -   RE: Never Can Say Goodbye - Commercial House

k

Link?:  Link

i think a lower band width version would be better - you're basicaly giving away a full CD quality track aren't you there Groove Factory ?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/18             20-Feb-05  @  10:06 AM   -   RE: Never Can Say Goodbye - Commercial House

k

Link?:  Link

well, it sounds ok mix wise, but is it compressed to shit or something?...the mix sounds very thin lacking any mid-bass end somehow, or perhaps it's the hats/snare overlay (the snares very thin), anyways it's not particularly expansive, lacks width/space... odd mix, otherwise the arrangement is great, i'm just not keen on the eq-ing of the whole mix.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/18             20-Feb-05  @  11:36 AM     Edit: 20-Feb-05  |  11:46 AM   -   RE: Never Can Say Goodbye - Commercial House

milan

yeah, i'm with k... it sounds almost like a lofi mp3. the hats and snare are kinda thin and not very crispy, and the low end is lacking. that kick should really pump the mix... woomp woomp. then the whole tune would be great! in fact, i also hear sort of watery flanging on the hats, like you get with severe mp3 compression(?).

sounds like a mastering or encoding problem? otherwise the tune sounds pro i think... good arrangement.

[edit:]

here... i boosted the lows quite a bit in winamp and it sounds much better already.

and... if i may suggest... i think a proper 'disco' open hat sound on the offbeat of 1 and 3 would really make the tune go... you know, long hissy one, pumped by the kick so it practically throws you onto the next beat. you know... kick- open hat- snare- closed hat- kick-open hat- snare- closed hat- etc. just a suggestion tho  

Message 9/18             22-Feb-05  @  07:24 AM   -   RE: Never Can Say Goodbye - Commercial House

Garuna

Can't figure out whether it's a bootleg or you got your hands on an acapella, but it's a good remix. Yeah the mixing is off, but I can't tell what's wrong with it. The beat needs more attention to detail. Some rolls, breaks, pauses to spice it up. It's too static and simple.

Message 10/18             23-Feb-05  @  12:10 AM     Edit: 23-Feb-05  |  12:20 AM   -   RE: Never Can Say Goodbye - Commercial House

S1GNALRUNNERS - BLU

i never did loike the original, but its not a bad job all in imo- it defo needs reworked tho if you get the labels in, mix and eq both off, and id say needs a bit jazzed up to work properly, give it a more fresh feel. It all sounds very static and frill free right now, when it breaks it doesnt break properly, nor does it explode back into life - if thats not just a loop on beats id splice it up a wee bit and give it soem trickery between transistions, help liven it up a bit

its still a fuckin good attempt at something you either love or hate tho, and it reminds me of those stock aitken waterman 1 day identical dancefactory (was that the name?) mixes they used to churn out with every pop release - dont mean that as an insult btw, i dont even know if your aware of those in house mixers from 80's/90's from the label

i can see why this kinda thing would be popular on adancefloor in the handbag discos, which is what your obviousl;y aiming for so fair play to you

blu

*edit* - check the effect sample at 5mins - its off, needs sorted!

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)