aaa It's been quite a while - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: It's been quite a while

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/13             28-Mar-05  @  03:09 AM   -   It's been quite a while

Absorb Fish

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

hey everyone. it's been a while since i posted a track or been around as a matter of fact. I've been both internet lazy & musically lazy. I brought with me 2 new tracks (well new to dancetech anyways - err i mean 7161).

I might as well be a new artist though because i don't know how many of you still remember me or if those who did remember me are still around.

They are called "A Long Way Home" and "Nice & Quiet"
sorta ambient breaks/drum&bass type thing - my usual sound.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             29-Mar-05  @  09:27 AM   -   RE: It's been quite a while

groovemonkey

Welcome back.

Long way home is neat, the piano is really nice, the drums are kinda industrial sounding. But its a bit repetative.

Nice and Quiet... liking this a lot. Busy drums with more chilled leads sounds nice.

G

Message 3/13             30-Mar-05  @  12:28 AM   -   RE: It's been quite a while

Absorb Fish

agg i hate logging in to post  .

Thanks GM. I was thinking the same for A Long Way Home. That's why i tried some chord variations at the end. Maybe i should varie it a bit more or cut it shorter eh?

I better listen to more music here before i get logged out again and get lazy to post  

Message 4/13             30-Mar-05  @  03:06 AM   -   RE: It's been quite a while

k

Link?:  Link

dude, tick the checkbox & your ok for 3 months.

Nice to see you -   - how's it goin?.. will checkout yr stuff soon mate.  

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/13             30-Mar-05  @  10:58 AM   -   RE: It's been quite a while

milan

Long Way Home- yeah, nice but repetitive

Nice and Quiet- pretty cool man! love the junglist drums, nice edits   like old mike paradinas, but better ;)

Message 6/13             30-Mar-05  @  05:11 PM   -   RE: It's been quite a while

Absorb Fish

ah. Hey k, i'm fine. Its been good recently. I checked off that box so i now have no excuse.
Thanks for listening milan. old mike p is good so I'll take that as a compiliment  
I think i have a few ideas for "A Long Way Home." I'll edit it when i have a bit of time.

Message 7/13             30-Mar-05  @  05:57 PM   -   RE: It's been quite a while

Maarten

cool, Long way home- love what the percussion is doing there..xs halfway through I do agree it to be a tad repetitive indeed... still great material tho.

Message 8/13             30-Mar-05  @  06:03 PM   -   RE: It's been quite a while

Maarten

Nice and quiet has a better structure to it as a song, nice atmosphere although I'm not a big fan of the dnb/jungle drums but that's me.

Message 9/13             30-Mar-05  @  07:27 PM   -   RE: It's been quite a while

Absorb Fish

hey maarten thanks for the comments  

by repetitive do you guys mean that the piano and pad repeat the same thing too much? I'm thinking i replace asection with something that turns the song darker or something.

Message 10/13             31-Mar-05  @  06:42 AM   -   RE: It's been quite a while

welder

Long way home is some kind of deja vu for me, you know when you listen to a song called "long way home" and it clicks in that actually you knew this song called "long way home" before, and you liked it, because it was a cool song.

Technically speaking (disclaimer: i'm listening to it on my laptop, and I mean laptop speakers), I love those distorted/slushy drums, reminds me a lot of my favourite old Bj0rk songs... would dance to it if it wasn't my workplace .

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)