aaa Is it time for a seperate Linux Forum??? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: Is it time for a seperate Linux Forum???

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/12             22-May-05  @  04:58 PM   -   Is it time for a seperate Linux Forum???

Optofonik (AKA_Mick_Rhyze_etc.)

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

It may not get a lot of use at first but I think that it would serve to spark people's curiosity and DT is rather big influence on more than a few people. In addition, there are very few "music" sites like DT addressing the creation of music on Linux systems. Set a forum up and I'll be more than happy to be the first contributor with an excellent recomendation for a Fedora install and tutorial.

I currently have Fedora installed on a seperate partition of my lappy and am researching music apps. It reminds me of those heady days of learning Windows 3.x when it's DOS origins were obvious except Linux is actually stable.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/12             22-May-05  @  06:01 PM   -   RE: Is it time for a seperate Linux Forum???

welder

Linux?

Well, that sounds interesting. Every year or two I do a search if there's anything interesting to look at at that platform, but to be honest I never managed to find anything similar that I currently use under windows xp. (Reason, Ableton live, VST plugs, etc...)

But yeah, maybe I was not looking well enough.

Message 3/12             23-May-05  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: Is it time for a seperate Linux Forum???

k

Link?:  Link

um, yeah, but we had requests before like this and no-one used the new forums once they were setup... kinda reluctant therefore.

so are there any sequencers for it?... then what about audio i/o hardware?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/12             23-May-05  @  04:17 PM   -   RE: Is it time for a seperate Linux Forum???

beds

sequencers, editors, and soundcard drivers.

Message 5/12             14-Jun-05  @  07:39 AM   -   RE: Is it time for a seperate Linux Forum???

Optofonik (AKA_Mick_Rhyze_etc.)

I'm getting ready to leave for vacation next week so I'll take some time to post a what I've found out so far.

Message 6/12             22-Jun-05  @  08:13 AM   -   RE: Is it time for a seperate Linux Forum???

Zazza

Link?:  No link

Optofinik?

I'd be interested to hear what there is available on linux.

I use Logic and that bastard Steve Jobs cut off my upgrade path.. stil maybe with Mac moving to Intel we'll get an x86 compatible version of Logic back? Hopes against hope...

Message 7/12             22-Jun-05  @  02:57 PM   -   RE: Is it time for a seperate Linux Forum???

k

Link?:  Link

Now that's a VERY good point... i wonder when they release MACOS for Intel chips wether they will resurrect peoples Windows upgrade path?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/12             23-Jun-05  @  01:13 AM   -   RE: Is it time for a seperate Linux Forum???

beds

just because osx will run on x86 chips doesn't mean apple will let you run osx apps on windows.

Message 9/12             23-Jun-05  @  05:48 AM   -   RE: Is it time for a seperate Linux Forum???

psylichon

And don't believe for a second that MacOS will run on any Intels other than ones that Apple put in their own boxes. At least not for a loooooong time. And there's almost as much involved porting to another operating system these days as there is porting to a different processor. So I see little more intermingling than we do nowadays. Apple will still find a way to make their boxes overpriced but cute. You still won't be able to build your own "Mac". But I'll bet Windows will run very well on Apple's Intels. At least if Mr. Gates is as smart as they say he is.

Message 10/12             23-Jun-05  @  05:51 AM   -   RE: Is it time for a seperate Linux Forum???

psylichon

Pages: 1 2

There are 12 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)