aaa i can see my house from here........... - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: i can see my house from here...........

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/21             22-Jun-05  @  03:42 PM   -   i can see my house from here...........

monkeybasket2001

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

............well almost-

this is fickin' sublime:

nasa worldwind 3.1

http://www.worldwindcentral.com/wiki/NASA_World_Wind_Download

greg

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/21             22-Jun-05  @  10:48 PM   -   RE: i can see my house from here...........

milan

i aint d/ling 180mb without further explanation.... so?

Message 3/21             23-Jun-05  @  06:15 AM   -   RE: i can see my house from here...........

psylichon

Message 4/21             23-Jun-05  @  08:50 AM   -   RE: i can see my house from here...........

monkeybasket2001

Link?:  No link

sorry i didnt realise it was that big!! although it makes sense- its a dynamic photographic globe- sattellitte shots...doesn't go into say street detail but damn it zooms in pretty damn close!!!

greg

Message 5/21             23-Jun-05  @  10:31 AM     Edit: 23-Jun-05  |  10:38 AM   -   RE: i can see my house from here...........

Zazza

File?:  [image]

[image file]

Check out www.keyhole.com

And download the 7 day free trial...

It's basically a digitised globe, and you can zoom into any part of the planet in realtime... just like the movies...

And you can do realtime flybys.. overlay roads, borders, placenames, points of interest, etc etc etc it's jawdropping in fact...

I can actually recreate the view from our house!

Depending on the resolution fo the satellite images fo a particular area you can gett down to the point where you can pick out houses, cars and even people!

Google have just bought them and they are beta testing Google Earth. Because I bought the 'Lite' version of keyhole I have access to the Google Earth beta program.. and believe me it's scary! Imagine a digitised planet with all google information available, right down to the nearest pizza hut etc.

Once the goverment gets us all to put GPS transmitters in our cars (arrrggh, not) then we can plot individuals on this thing!

Message 6/21             23-Jun-05  @  10:59 AM   -   RE: i can see my house from here...........

monkeybasket2001

wow cant wait to check this!!

greg

Message 7/21             23-Jun-05  @  09:03 PM   -   RE: i can see my house from here...........

milan

didnt i poszt about that already? i was playing with the google thingy some time ago and it was pretty cool. unfortunately, pizza huts and mc'd's are about the primary things it likes to pin point.

Message 8/21             23-Jun-05  @  09:07 PM   -   RE: i can see my house from here...........

k

Link?:  Link

heh, actualy, Zazza has the old version which is amazing. The new one sucks totaly, it doesnt even have 'England' registered, You type in 'England' or 'Wales', and it heads off to the USA

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 9/21             24-Jun-05  @  02:18 PM   -   RE: i can see my house from here...........

monkeybasket2001

Yes very annoying fact with this keyhole stuff...type portsmouth and it takes you to the one near norfolk US, which i spose is pretty famous, but type in Engand and it takes tou to fuckin' arizona!! now i know we all heard of an england in arizona but didnt they copy that name?

greg

Message 10/21             29-Jun-05  @  08:17 AM     Edit: 29-Jun-05  |  08:19 AM   -   RE: i can see my house from here...........

Zazza

You can actually type in a UK postcode and it goes straight there...

The public beta (Free) has just been launched at:

http://earth.google.com

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)