aaa I am born again - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: I am born again

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/22             10-Jul-05  @  04:43 AM   -   I am born again

Absorb Fish

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

hello everyone. It's been a bit since i posted something new. I remember when i used to be able to write a new one like every week or so. Now i don't have that much time, and they take a bit longer to do too..

I have a new one called - I AM Born again. Its a lot different than what i normally make and it's a lot more detailed too.it's a lot harder than the tracks i've been doing - it's Industrial Glitch I guess - a little bit of oldskool influence - a little bit of 8-bit influence etc.

Hope you guys like
the new forums look great by the way   - turning more forum-ish though.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/22             10-Jul-05  @  04:44 AM   -   RE: I am born again

Absorb Fish

OH and i love this emoticon

Message 3/22             10-Jul-05  @  08:50 AM   -   RE: I am born again

Bluescreen

I love the sounds and song structure.
I think you should may change a few things in the mix though, like reducing the high frequencies or simply reduce the level of the sounds with high frequencies.

If one increases the volume of the song to a level where the low frequencies have punch, the high frequencies already hurt ;)

Message 4/22             10-Jul-05  @  11:31 AM   -   RE: I am born again

Rags

I like it! There is a lot of tension and fear in it, lots of surprises, very soundtrack-ish stuff. (Reminds me a bit of old Silent Hill tracks). High frequencies really hurt sometimes, maybe you could do some frequency-selective limiting on them or whatever.

See review also

Message 5/22             11-Jul-05  @  11:27 PM   -   RE: I am born again

Absorb Fish

I was going for earbleeding resonance but i'll see how it goes by lowering the high end.

Thanks for listening guys!

Message 6/22             17-Jul-05  @  01:33 AM   -   RE: I am born again

Absorb Fish

allo. ok it's been updated to be less earbleeding.
Personally, i think it's less effective without the pain but whatever. Special version for DT! or 7161 i mean.

I also uploaded a new tune i've been working on that I am liking thus far. it's called Method to his madness, check it out! It's less industrial and more... Glitch & Bass i guess... I'm just inventing genres up for this now  .

Message 7/22             17-Jul-05  @  06:34 AM   -   RE: I am born again

mcc>

Link?:  No link

i've never known you not to be inventing genres paully but glitch always remains a part of what you do.
for me the glitches are a bit OTT at the beginning....until around 2:30.
the opening synth line is elegant.....and could be greatly enhanced by filtering-out selective glitches.
it might be intellectually interesting to
create this feeling like the entire mechanism is breaking down but it's alittle rough on the senses.
nearing 3 minutes you let your noises fall into place and a groove becomes established which actually flows. the synth-phrasing fits in well......and the embellishments keep things interesting.
the frequencies didn't bother me...just the tendency for the noises to stand apart from the mix of sounds and threaten destruction right at the outset. if anywhere, i think a song should fall apart towards the end of the ride and not just as it's leaving the gate.
otherwise a good soundtrack.

Message 8/22             17-Jul-05  @  03:40 PM   -   RE: I am born again

Absorb Fish

hey mcc, thanks for taking the time to listen.

Are you commenting on I am born again? or Method To His Madness?
i can see your comments working for both tracks

I'm not sure what you meant by OTT as well too  .

Message 9/22             17-Jul-05  @  04:33 PM     Edit: 17-Jul-05  |  04:35 PM   -   RE: I am born again

Maarten

[edit: I Am Born Again:] Hell yeah, what took you so long?   I cant recall ever being disappointed listening to your stuff, and this is tops once again. Cranky lunatics banging industrial surfaces... 3:00 mar.. very nice- balancing on beauty 'n fucked-up.

Message 10/22             17-Jul-05  @  04:51 PM   -   RE: I am born again

mcc>

Link?:  No link

i was talking about i am born again....and ott means over-the-top.
let me know if you ever straighten-up that beginning.

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 22 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)