aaa mcc> presents sage bomb - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

07-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: mcc> presents sage bomb

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message 1/51             13-Jul-05  @  06:21 AM   -   mcc> presents sage bomb

mcc>

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

i met karen and jen at a spiritual retreat out in the mountains last april.
we've become quite close and we're working on a lot of stuff at a steady pace.
these first 2 songs show to what extent we're concerned with the genre-thing.....
which is to say we're not.

karen's been playing flute for a long time and it shows. i think the flute may be the most introspective instrument out there...and in ways the most human. this provides a nice counterpoint to what i do since my sounds can tend to be less than organic so much of the time. it's a lot of fun tossing electronic effects onto her already sublime performances....not to mention slicing-and-dicing them into new and unusual forms.

what is amazing is that jennifer has never been in front of a mic before.
our first track was anywhere everywhere. but it was only when she gave priestess a try that i knew i had something amazing before me.
i've always yearned to work with a great voice who had no idea she could even sing.
no star bs*...no we do things my way....etc.
the newer stuff has her doing some actual singing.....she's been able to handle anything i toss her way.

both girls' attitudes are great when it comes to working and i think it shows in the music.
thanks to all who've been trying to play priestess today/yesterday. it seems we weren't able to download the song since i had one of those pretensious angle-brackets in the name sage bomb.
what's really cool is that you can take the angle brackets like this:
<--sage-bomb--<<<<
and make it look like an arrow.

enjoy & thanks!
you didn't think i'd forget about you.....did you???
dream on.

mcc>

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/51             13-Jul-05  @  07:52 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

milan

Link?: Link

hi MC-long-time-no-C!  

Message 3/51             13-Jul-05  @  12:40 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Rags

cheers Clay
"spiritual retreat" huh?

Great stuff, pretty nice production. See reviews for more subjective details.

ps: a somewhat less important detail: have you considered a different kind of reverb on the vocals for priestess? This short roomy one somehow adds a bit too much intimacy to this rather strong opinion of her innit?

Message 4/51             13-Jul-05  @  01:50 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

k

Link?:  Link

Clay, thats: 'pretentious' - with a 't'

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/51             13-Jul-05  @  03:09 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Sage Bomb

rags....

i've peeked around this week to see what's the haps around here and i will say your reviews can feel like they can use a little more genuine thought at times.
i appreciate the fact that you feel compelled to provide a blurb for much of what's being offered here...including mine....but ass-punk and bitch slap being used as descriptions of other people's musics on their home pages isn't something i would've expected from you......ever.
i always thought it was YOU teaching ME something about civility and not the other way around.

i always thought that providing reviews of people's work within their home-pages was a bad idea and said so when the idea was first brought up months ago. in fact, i recall a few other regulars seriously agreeing with me on this matter. needless to say.....k> and i> don't agree on some things >>>----->
and now we've created a vehicle for potential abuse____which though might serve some positve benefit to others......i think are outweighed by the negative.
not to mention being plain tacky.

and yes.....it is pretentious....my spelling stands corrected. it's odd where we put our energy at times....
which is why i'll say i'm honored to (again) have this opportunity to share with you some of what i'm doing recently....musically.
occasionally there will be songs which are balls-out (girls rock) but most of our stuff is fairly and oddly contemplative and restive...though hopefully somewhat joyful.
i would also suggest that we will remain unpredictable as life would be such a drag if everything were the same all the time.
a little bit of thought and lots of years of experience and sensitivity go into these things so.....
there's an actual story happening within here and it involves all of us.
what it is and why we do it.
that's all the clue i can provide.

thanks for your listens and comments.

mcc>

Message 6/51             13-Jul-05  @  03:43 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

milan

heheh... you hippy-ass stoner, whats wrong with the reviews or the bad language?

anyways, the anywhere track is very nice. would love to smoke up to it

and the priestess... some bright, distorted rifing guitars would do it much good, and the drums man! the dums! they need to be slammin, not limping in the background! compress everything severely too

regards, m.

Message 7/51             13-Jul-05  @  04:19 PM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

k

Link?:  Link

i'd like to hear more tribal percussion coming in on the flute one

anyways, it's crusty rave music but without the drums to my ears.

as for reviews of tracks, well, we have been approached by some marketting people who 'might' do a promo with the 7161 site which would require reviewing by readers, so i built it, but i dunno if the thing will go ahead.

anyways, whats all this bitchs-lap stuff?... where?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/51             14-Jul-05  @  05:03 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Sage Bomb

it was a sentiment expressed regards some portugese girl's song up there on the chart.
i was checking to see what some of the new stuff was sounding like...peeping people's pages...reviews etc.
she got a 20% rating on top of the comment which i think is simply uncalled-for......whether you hate her stuff or not.
like i said within the forum...cool...anything goes...we all know that...been there done that.
but not directly within another user's home-page.
i do question the need to put a numerical rating on something as subjective as what we do here....but if you are to use a rating system i think it should step down in 10% increments with 50% or 60% being the lowest possible....or a simple 1 thru 5 rating system might seem less harsh.

i accept and appreciate your comments on priestess's drum-sound milan....and agree to some extent..... it would've helped had i rendered crisper tracks to start with then again i've never been all-about-the-drum-sound and have been known to accept a certain level of trashiness when it felt appropriate to do so.
no doubt this was one of those times. i've considered reinforcing the kicks with some punchier ones.
thanks for enjoying anywhere everywhere~

thanks for your comments k~. this was the first time you remarked on my music after 50 or so tracks i've uploaded here.
all i can say is it was worth the wait. we'll have some tribal-stuff coming up.
karen and i attend these drum-circles and i intend to get some real live native drums in here.

i'll be dropping some more sage bomb here soon.
thanks for the listens.
we're honored and excited by your feedback.

mcc>

Message 9/51             14-Jul-05  @  10:15 AM     Edit: 14-Jul-05  |  10:20 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

Rags

Cheers Clay, glad your'e back here finally

Sorry about being un-original. I promise I'll never write a review again.

"posessa"

"pipi"

Besides, here you can read my reviews in question... k, if you think they are unfair or unnecessarily rude (or disproportionally un-original) please feel free to remove any of them at once. About the 20%, I still think it is a fair rating, and even if it is not, it is only my opinion (my name is printed next to it, if one disagrees then one can esaily add his/hers as well sayig eg. "hey Rags, don't be an asshole, this thing rocks").

Message 10/51             14-Jul-05  @  10:57 AM   -   RE: mcc> presents sage bomb

milan

yeah really, its kinda the point of reviews that they open a whole new field for participant interraction... why is it, for example ok for IMDB to have forums where people can slag off expensive commercial endevours, but not ok for us to even possibly hurt some bedroom boffins feelings?

its all a matter of taste after all- one persons garbage is another persons dream fulfilled. Rags may find some portugese e-jay producers output laughable (and who are we to argue!) but the same could be said for any laughable miami-ghetty-booty-tune or rio favela funk (ever heard that shit!?).

the point is, if a person who likes that kind of music shows up o these forums, then they are more than welcome to tell us all to hell, with a side note about cultural differences included (or not :P). and they YOU clay are welcome to step in as an intermediary saying how we should all just get along, respect a fellow human beings need for artistic expression, and generaly not to be assholes about it. now wouldnt that make you happy?

a wise man once said: it is hard for a man to part with what he has already digested (aka "secret of hard stool"). rant over  

(i swear... i'm making mor typos on my new crappy keyboard than i did on my busted old one! crappy chinese crap. there i said it!)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 51 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)