aaa back at it - Music tracks & feedback forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

03-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music tracks & feedback

Subject: back at it

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/11             14-Jul-05  @  12:35 AM     Edit: 14-Jul-05  |  12:39 AM   -   back at it...

Digital Millenium Planet Daddies

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

It's been awhile now since I added something new to the site, so I'm excited to finally have a new track to post...

james d don't do no loops.

tell me what you think. Adverbs and foul language welcome...

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/11             14-Jul-05  @  02:45 AM   -   RE: back at it

k

Link?:  Link

ok, i'll start - who the fuck are you from before?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/11             14-Jul-05  @  03:42 AM   -   RE: back at it

Digital Millennium Planet Daddies

^he he

I don't post a whole lot, but I frequently come around and listen to tracks on the board and otherwise. I put some stuff up on the board about a year and a half ago, but I've known about dancetech since '97. Had the name 'danktle' way longer than I've had the 'Digital Millennium Planet Daddies,' but I didn't really post much under 'danktle' either, so I doubt that refreshes your memory...

...just finally decided to stop incubating tracks and get my act together. If you didn't read the track info, this is a "prequel" if you will for a full length that I am working on right now. Anyhow, check that mug out and tell me what you think.

L8

Message 4/11             15-Jul-05  @  01:06 AM     Edit: 15-Jul-05  |  01:11 AM   -   RE: back at it

I'll take the lack of response and 1 listen in 24 hours to mean that this track really SUCKS!!!! I promise to try harder next time...

Message 5/11             15-Jul-05  @  04:58 AM   -   RE: back at it

Sage Bomb

Link?:  No link

take it for what you want but the last time you were around i wrote you an e-mail and gave you a big-up for a track and heard nothing back from you.
a little appreciation always goes some distance when it comes to those who take the time to listen and feedback to one's tracks...especially in this day and age when there's millions of us doing shit and we all want some love and attention.
but no....i haven't listened but that doesn't mean your track sucks.
it probably rocks......

mcc>

Message 6/11             15-Jul-05  @  06:20 AM   -   RE: back at it

^
I must missed your e-mail (perhaps you are referring to this? ), a big thank you is in order since I never gave one. I have listened to many tracks that you have Man Called Clay, and you always bring the goods. And since I haven't turned up a review or any comments on your latest three submissions, I will now do so if you promise to give me some pointers on my one

BTW, check out www.somafm.com. If you haven't heard of it, maybe stroll on over and give a listen. If your familiar, rock on.

mcc, your stuff is totally prime for that station. Matter of fact, have I heard some of your tracks on there before?

L8

Message 7/11             16-Jul-05  @  12:49 AM   -   RE: back at it

mcc>

cool~ much-belated thanks accepted.

your track is in keeping with it's irreverent title.....not to mention the very name of your group-entity.
it's good-hearted warm friendly get-down space boogie......very reminiscent of some of
captain sensible's what i call costume-change segues __ the missing ingredient here being his legendary guitar-flambouyancy. but it's this use of fat vintage analog-synth-sounds and even more-vintage b-3 sounds percolating atop this james-bond era groove which, if anything, gives us this sense of being pushed by some obviously-thoughtful talent towards some guiltless, if even perhaps mindless destination.
it's all in the name of good clean exploration and time-killing.....and in that sense...it makes perfect sense.
this reminds me of hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy for some reason.
the books. the movie. the giggles. tril. douglas adams. the journey......well.....the fun parts at least.
and well...they're all fun once you approach things correctly and don't forget how to land one's ship.

it's good to be among fellow-travellers.
thanks again for your continued positive feedback and observations.

mcc>

btw.... the girls send big thanks!!!!

Message 8/11             16-Jul-05  @  12:54 AM   -   RE: back at it

mcc>

i forgot the one suggestion i might add would be to try some crazy old-school leads where you have that downplayed little figure which pops in.....perhaps both at the same time weaving in and out of each other. plus i liked that that 3rd very newish digital sound.....it took it from old-school to older-school back to new-school.
i liked that.

Message 9/11             16-Jul-05  @  02:43 PM   -   RE: back at it

Why thank you mcc! And you're welcome for the review.

I definately had the spy thriller/mystery anthem in mind when doing this song, and each figure is supposed to represent a different character. Then all three characters return in the end of the song...

But the track title was me being sarcastic. I decided to release it for a friend of mine who loathes techno, and says that if he does listen to it, then he ought to be able to 'drive 90 mph to it.' I thought this track fit the bill, but oddly enough the tempo of this song is 118bpm- not consistent with what we might consider to be fast paced stuff....

So I might end up re-naming it 'TC's theme.' But I'm glad you caught the 'james bond era' feel of the track. I wanted organic this time around. The next song I post will probably be a far cry from this one...

L8

Message 10/11             16-Jul-05  @  03:37 PM   -   RE: back at it

mcc>

well....you know...it's easily plausible that some idiot who hates electronic music would require driving @90mph to enjoy a bit of music.
it'd be like saying: if i listen to this i have to be getting my dick sucked by 2 blondes and one of em has to be a cop.
exactly the sort of person which leads me to not truly give a fuck what other people's REQUIREMENTS are.
people are basically perverted and the less influence they have as to your whereabouts or activities the better.
once you start catering to this sort of mentality you're dead.
just do the music...have fun...explore> & express yourself.
and definitely don't try to make people drive 90.

Pages: 1 2

There are 11 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)