aaa the killers - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: the killers

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/21             23-Jul-05  @  11:52 AM     Edit: 23-Jul-05  |  11:54 AM   -   the killers

0/d

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

Killers, U2, Razorlight,Bloc Party etc

Anyone notice how pop music has a very distinct identity at the moment, in the same way you might think of music in the sixties or eighties. There's some pretty good stuff knocking about in the albums charts. Its the like the total evolution of everything that happened in the ninties coming to the fore. Well thats what it seems like to me. A lot of eighties stuff on the mainstream radio stations these days too. I think as the media bubble consumes us further we'll start to losing all perspective of time... and its starting with the killers... its like those big synth rock bands from 1986 that we all cringe at but love all the same, but yet the killers still sound so contempory. Even U2 are hawking that sound.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/21             25-Jul-05  @  01:46 PM   -   RE: the killers

k

Link?:  Link

I prefer The Kills ;)

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/21             26-Jul-05  @  01:04 AM   -   RE: the killers

beds

huh?

bloc party are shit. razolight have 2 good songs on the album. u2 have nothing to do with these lot. killers? i'm undecided but yeah you're right there's some 80s thing going on there.

don't even mention the kaiser chiefs.

i don't really see the connection.

nice to be excited about music though innit

Message 4/21             26-Jul-05  @  09:01 AM   -   RE: the killers

monkeybasket2001

Link?:  No link

they are all very similar- typical nme bandwagoin wankery- its like 'right lets decide what should be the next cool thing'- spend two years bringing out a bunch of soundalikes who as soon as they are established are being slagged for being too succesful whilst more commie-shirt-wearing nme bastards make up NAM or noname or something equally as shite...

speaking of shite i got that rephlex grime 2 album the other day.....new genre? its fookin' crap!!

greg

Message 5/21             27-Jul-05  @  06:11 AM   -   RE: the killers

damballah

hey how 'bout them kaiser chiefs?

Message 6/21             27-Jul-05  @  11:08 AM   -   RE: the killers

monkeybasket2001

dont mind the singles- havent heard hte album- heard its ok but not inspiring- i like the way they keep changing up, lyrics are good too

greg

Message 7/21             27-Jul-05  @  11:16 AM   -   RE: the killers

k

p-lease.... KC's?... I mean... eeeeeeee - i think it's telling that their name almost equals KFC as an acronym

actualy, the KIlls are good live but I'd admit their video is fucking aweful, poncy, artschool, winetasting, guardian reader, tofu munching, alchohol free lager slurping shite... yuuurg -

speaking of shite i got that rephlex grime 2 album the other day.....new genre? its fookin' crap!!

lol cmon it's not that bad, but it is rather.... whats the word... abrasive?

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 8/21             27-Jul-05  @  11:26 AM   -   RE: the killers

k

As for U2, if you liek that kinda music try that band I mentioned 'SUNSHINE'... awesome! and very like U2. I've seen U2 live and i thought Sunshine were better if you take away the massive U2 stageprops etc. But even without the massive stage show I thought Sunshine were still better - they are from Czech

http://www.sunshine.uk.com/

Message 9/21             27-Jul-05  @  12:22 PM   -   RE: the killers

Dominic

K - that Grime 2 is rubbish. Grime 1 was better. However, there a couple of producers on the Grime sence who are amazing. My 2 favorites are:-

DJ Distance and Search and Destroy.

Message 10/21             27-Jul-05  @  01:41 PM   -   RE: the killers

monkeybasket2001

yeah the other grime stuff has been much better- the whole grime 2 album to me sounded like a bunch of half arsed ideas with no real progression- dunno couldn't really stick it....

kaiser chiefs are ok but that only in the context of who they are up against in the pop market- not hard when you look at the competition...

greg

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 21 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)