aaa Scray shit... - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Scray shit...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message 1/55             12-Aug-05  @  09:56 AM     Edit: 12-Aug-05  |  09:57 AM   -   Where god meets dinosaurs

Zazza

Link?: Link

File?:  [image]

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/55             12-Aug-05  @  11:27 AM   -   RE: Scray shit...

milan

File?:  No file

to paraphrase: KILL!!!! KILL!!!! KILL!!!! EVERY!!! LAST!!! ONE OF THEM!!! and let god sort them out

Message 3/55             12-Aug-05  @  12:18 PM   -   RE: Scray shit...

k

Link?:  Link

Lets rock!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 4/55             12-Aug-05  @  06:29 PM   -   RE: Scray shit...

mcc>

Link?:  No link

i used to have a nice bumper sticker which read:

god must love stupid people...he made so many of them.

of course...i had my windows bashed in.

Message 5/55             13-Aug-05  @  05:50 PM   -   RE: Scray shit...

k

Link?:  Link

lol

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 6/55             14-Aug-05  @  12:40 PM   -   RE: Scray shit...

pict

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe

Message 7/55             15-Aug-05  @  08:53 PM   -   RE: Scray shit...

Influx

why is it so scary? why is it so damn abhorrent for people who truly believe to want their faith perpetuated?

I agree, religion really should be a private matter, and if people want their children to believe a certain way they should send them to private schools with the same beliefs, or home school (I think we should all do this anyway since public school is nothing but a conformity factory where those that dont quite fit are often beaten into submission)

what irritates me though is the way you lot ridicule people, as if somehow having faith in science makes you infallible, and those that simply "have faith" are idiots.

fucking bullshit!

science doesnt prove jack shit. everything is theory. we dont know what the fuck happened 15 million years ago. we dont know what happened 5000 years ago...even the written record is often tainted with subjectivity.

quit acting so damn pompous. both sides. we dont fucking KNOW.

the only thing you can really KNOW is direct, personal experience, right here, right now. all this speculation about the past is just useless.

whats wrong with teaching different perspectives then, huh? if science is so damn correct, why do you lot act so threatened by religion? why not allow it to be taught as a perspective?

Message 8/55             15-Aug-05  @  08:56 PM   -   RE: Scray shit...

Influx

on top of that, you spelled scary wrong, proving that the scientific viewpoint is fallible

Message 9/55             15-Aug-05  @  11:50 PM   -   RE: Scray shit...

beds

science doesn't say humans came from a rock. straw man argument again. these guys are just plain lieing to further their own fallacies.

"The virtue of using evidence is precisely that we can come to an agreement about it. But if you listen to two people who are arguing about something, and they each of them have passionate faith that they're right, but they believe different things -- they belong to different religions, different faiths, there is nothing they can do to settle their disagreement short of shooting each other, which is what they very often actually do."

Message 10/55             16-Aug-05  @  02:40 AM   -   RE: Scray shit...

mcc>

i always like it when you get mad influx....i don't know why.
as if religious types are never pompous....that's hilarious.
they never bash people's car windows in or attack foreign nations or burn crosses in people's yards either..
if you weren't so funny i'd say you were plain off yer nut.

but the original sign (see above & look closely before you explode all over the place)
isn't FOR religion ...it's AGAINST the TEACHING of SCIENCE.
it's against the teaching of ANYTHING that isn't biblical.

looking forward to meeting you finally.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 55 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)