aaa my top 5 albums of 2005 - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

18-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: my top 5 albums of 2005

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 11

Original Message 1/105             06-Dec-05  @  04:27 PM   -   my top 5 albums of 2005

Dominic

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

In order. MY top5.

1. Gorillaz - Demon Days
2. Beck - Guero
3. Nouvelle Vauge - Nouvelle Vauge
4. The Go! Team - Thunder, Lightening, Strike
5. Z - My Morning Jacket

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/105             06-Dec-05  @  05:44 PM   -   RE: my top 5 albums of 2005

The Moujik

Link?: Link

That time of year again?!

1. Venetian Snares - Rossz Csillag Allat Szuletett
2. Jamie Liddell - Multiply
3. Data'chi - The Elements
4. Boards of Canada - Campfire Headphase
5. Ian Brown - The Greatest (although not strictly speaking an 'album')

Message 3/105             06-Dec-05  @  06:54 PM   -   RE: my top 5 albums of 2005

beds

no particular order -

jamie lidell, super furries, beck, gorillaz, can't think of anyone else.

Message 4/105             06-Dec-05  @  09:27 PM   -   RE: my top 5 albums of 2005

milan

top 5? i didnt buy enough albums for that  

here's one tho: Kabanjak meets Protassov - Grow

nothing special. pleasant up-tempo funky instrumentals on a hip-hop/breakish tip

Message 5/105             07-Dec-05  @  10:16 AM   -   RE: my top 5 albums of 2005

Dominic

2005 is the year that I finally grew out of house music. 29 years old at the mo and the last 12 years have been an adventure but I'm definatley bored of it now. Much more into "a good ol' tune" nowadays. Was fun though. I'll probably get a bit sad now at start collecting 70's soul or something........

Message 6/105             07-Dec-05  @  10:35 AM   -   RE: my top 5 albums of 2005

monkeybasket2001

me niether....beck, boc, queens of the stone age cant think of any- in fact there have been a few bets of 21st century shows on which have shown how severly lacking the market is

greg

Message 7/105             07-Dec-05  @  11:08 AM   -   RE: my top 5 albums of 2005

Steve Roughley

Yeah, I'm pretty limited an' all, but here goes:

1. Pole Folder - Zero Gold
2. Infusion - Six Feet Above Yesterday
3. Depeche Mode - Playing the Angel

I have heard loads of other albums this year, but none really struck me as anything better than OK (I wasn't even entirely impressed with Depeche Mode's new one, but I like them so much I thought I'd include anyways).

Message 8/105             07-Dec-05  @  04:27 PM   -   RE: my top 5 albums of 2005

monkeybasket2001

Much more into "a good ol' tune" nowadays. Was fun though. I'll probably get a bit sad now at start collecting 70's soul or something........
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

i rarely find them these days- there just doesnt seem to be the weight of guitar bands there used to be that are any cop and are consistantly good...too many band wagons and shit- the new one being to put a 'the' in front of your band name and do some minimalist 80's inspired monophonic riffing- not that the charts should really bother me but it seems everyone is very very similar these days...and the charts just amplify that...i personally cant think of a 21st century guitar band who are exciting in any way- would be interested to hear who people think are as i may be missing a trick...

dance music truly excites me whereas guitar music generally doesn't these- and i am much better on my guitar than i am with my beats- melody is dead, today is all about rhythm...

greg

Message 9/105             07-Dec-05  @  04:56 PM   -   RE: my top 5 albums of 2005

Dominic

Yeah I know what you're saying but I'm the opposite now. Much prefer a "moving melody" than a "complex" IDM drum pattern. Been listening to loads of "beat first, music second" dance music over the years and I'm kinda a bit bored of it now. Yeah of course there is a time and place for a rockin house beat or a jump up drum and bass break but it doesn't excite me anymore.

I get excited when I listen to obscure, spacey funk, the Guero album or hip hop inspired music. Maybe its more the tempo - as I get older the tempo of the stuff I like seems to drop. Heheheh.

Moujik - good call on Ian Brown. He's wicked! Pure head nodding business.

Anyone heard the whole Kate Bush album? I think her King of the Mountain single is really different and cool.

Message 10/105             07-Dec-05  @  05:50 PM     Edit: 07-Dec-05  |  05:50 PM   -   RE: my top 5 albums of 2005

beds

you old bastard. it'll be radio 2 and terry wogan next.

mind you i can't talk, been listening to "james taylor - hourglass" today. purely for research/training of course.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 11

There are 105 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)