aaa ADMIN - new homepage templates setup - beta testers? - Music techology forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

27-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Music techology

Subject: ADMIN - new homepage templates setup - beta testers?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Original Message 1/54             17-Apr-07  @  05:16 PM   -   ADMIN - new homepage templaes setup - beta testers

k

Link?:  Link

File?:  No file

ok, at the moment this is only in 7161 admin

checkout the homepage admin section...... new templates are implemented and they are way better'n the old ones

new homepages come with podcasting, RSS blog and a dedicated forum (which you can delete posts if logged in to 7161)

the whole other homepage admin has also been tweaked and now the image-gallery section and editing colours etc is all in easy to handle dedicated pages

these new homepage and gallery edit sections can be selected from admin only after applying a new homepage template....

ok, it works BUT there may be bugs IF you created a homepage ages ago back when we had the very old v1 template which looked shite

ABOUT THE NEW TEMPLATES

there's 2 choices right now... once thats all beta tested we can add more easily at anytiome so there'll be plenty coming along for more choice

you can choose template-1 or 2 - Both are fully colour-editable and also allows an image or FLASH banner to be added

or

tEMPLATE 1 ALSO HAS 26 FIXED TEMPLATES YOU CAN SWITCH BETWEEN WITH A SIMPLE SELECT AND UPDATE BUTTON - THESE FIXED TEMPLATES CANT BE COLOUR EDITED AT ALL BUT ARE AN EASY FIX

shit caps, damn

um.....

the second template will also have 26 non colour-editable variations added soon

anyways, they are a huge improvement, and frankly although we cant compete for site traffic, they anihilate myspace pages for appearance, and still no adverts anywhere

All your added news displays on the opening page btw so you can use the front-page as a blog which appears under your main intro profile text & user-image

here's my test one which i set the colours and banner for:

http://www.7161.com/~k

this ones a fixed template:

http://www.7161.com/~test_dj

anyways, if you wanna test it just mail info@7161 with any problems

cheers

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/54             17-Apr-07  @  05:18 PM   -   RE: ADMIN - new homepage templaes setup - beta te

k

oh yeah, obviously the next thing to do is to add-in FILE-download and CD retailing for these new homepages as an option, that'll; be looked at next, plus we might as well add ability for users to flog other stuff like shirts etc, but that'll take some work

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/54             18-Apr-07  @  04:01 PM   -   RE: ADMIN - new homepage templates setup - beta te

nutoniom

Link?: Link

well, i kind of like the template i'm using now. Only problem with it is the audio tracks button doesn't lead anywhere, nothing happens when i click it.

I see you've put a lovely moon template (should have been number 11 tho')

Message 4/54             18-Apr-07  @  04:13 PM   -   RE: ADMIN - new homepage templates setup - beta te

nutoniom

If i change template, ewill my flash banner follow ?

Message 5/54             18-Apr-07  @  06:15 PM   -   RE: ADMIN - new homepage templates setup - beta te

k

yes - Also, i backed up your whole homepage dir... in case anything goes wrong it can be just re-set so dont worry

Message 6/54             18-Apr-07  @  07:31 PM   -   RE: ADMIN - new homepage templates setup - beta te

nutoniom

Ok, then, will give it a try

Message 7/54             18-Apr-07  @  07:37 PM   -   RE: ADMIN - new homepage templates setup - beta te

nutoniom

ok, so i'm a bit thick in the head: where is it exactly that i edit my homepage ? I only get the option to create one, in the pull down menu.

Message 8/54             18-Apr-07  @  08:23 PM   -   RE: ADMIN - new homepage templates setup - beta te

Zazza

Link?:  No link

yeah, and where is the link to my homepage? Do i hav to guess what it is?

When I click on create homepage i get an error...

How do I edit the template, where? where?

Message 9/54             18-Apr-07  @  08:53 PM   -   RE: ADMIN - new homepage templates setup - beta te

nutoniom

Zazza wrote:When I click on create homepage i get an error..

i got that too. and it wanted to create a new url that went like http://www.7161.com/~no

Message 10/54             18-Apr-07  @  09:22 PM   -   RE: ADMIN - new homepage templates setup - beta te

k

lol, just checking you're paying attention....

fixed

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

There are 54 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)