aaa damn - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

29-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: damn

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Original Message 1/48             09-Apr-10  @  05:11 AM   -   damn

sitar

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

so many talented musicians have put up tracks on dancetech. we critisize each other so much
but damn. so much talent has come through here. you know the chill factor that sends chills up
your spine. dancetech posters have posted so many of those kind of tracks it's unbelievable
really. kudos to you bunch of miscreant bastards

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/48             09-Apr-10  @  10:29 AM   -   RE: damn

k

yeah, but what gives? daily registration for membership is healthy, many people are joining every day, but only about 1% add music.

i dont get it. i've tested the registration procedure and then the add-track/mix procedure many times. and it all seems to work fine.

i just dont get it.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/48             09-Apr-10  @  11:23 AM   -   RE: damn

Bedwyr

k, it's those damn humans, there's no accounting for them.

I got a job offer yesterday - woo hoo, i'm about to join the rat-race after 20 years of muso skintness.

when's the prs payment this month k? I'm brassic!

Message 4/48             09-Apr-10  @  06:37 PM   -   RE: damn

k

they spent it all on lawyers & bribing politicians... sorry

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/48             12-Apr-10  @  01:57 AM   -   RE: damn

NastyM

Link?:  No link

k wrote:

many people are joining every day, but only about 1% add music.

I find that absolutely shocking to believe - 1%.
when i first signed up, seems like about a year ago, you had quite a healthy turnover of new "material" and a busy lounge area.

is the site promoted in any way?
i originally discovered you through "Sound on Sound"s forum in a link for free web space along with a couple of others ...... not quite sure why i picked this one but am glad i did.... think it may have been the fact the others seemed a little too business like for sorts such as i.

Message 6/48             13-Apr-10  @  02:38 AM   -   RE: damn

sitar

i don't remember exactly how i found this site. i found sound on sound through this site. i subscribed
to it for a couple of years. it was a very informative mag i thought.

Message 7/48             13-Apr-10  @  11:33 AM   -   RE: damn

k

well to give you an idea, check the main music-tech forum and look at the thread views

the red5 screen post has had 1000+ views and the views are as high as many busy forums such as sos

same with signups, we get plenty every day

but participation is not there - it's weird - it's like a sort of mass version of "i dont want to be first to put a toe in the water"

the only thing i can think that might kick start it again is to get some sponsorship and have monthly contests with equipment prizes, like maybe a deejay mix competition monthly with decks or mixers etc as prizes from someone like vestax or whoever - also something like a monthly track contest with again, prizes of s/w or whatever

aint got the budget to pay for prizes tho  

Message 8/48             13-Apr-10  @  01:18 PM   -   RE: damn

NastyM

To be honest Kaptain i thought of suggesting something similar a few month ago... but well didnt want to tread on any ones toes.

Does a competition necessarily have to offer prizes ... or coud it be for the hell of it ?

I love to go out cycling, and always set myself new goals (timewise) and often if another cyclist comes in view ill do my best to run the bastard off the hill - its just personal pride and a sense of achievement I lust after (entering a serious contest / competition would probably deflate my sails)

I think what i am trying to say is lets just have a little fun, offer up a comp with little more to offer than the satisfaction of the victor gaining respect from his peers.

the only thing would be to select impartial judges rather than rely on votes which could easily be manipulated.

What you think Mr K?

Message 9/48             13-Apr-10  @  01:26 PM   -   RE: damn

NastyM

Back again K

the bit below was an extract from a previous posting earlier last year about a track wich i since deleted:

"the track originated (believe it or not) from a drum sample taken from "desire" by Talk Talk
, - however its barely recognisable any more!

- also had to find my way round my software a little better (lifting sample and converting to an acidized loop) quite a rapid learning curve to achieve in time.

Scotty Andrews sure has got cracking titties though (completely natural) !!!

- identify a sample and utilise"

these were my sentiments at the time and they still hold good for me - go on Kaptain chuck some gloves / gauntlets into the ether, its all good fun!!

Message 10/48             13-Apr-10  @  04:23 PM   -   RE: damn

k

i think tbh that to get people to participate who dont use the site it needs some sponsorship and prizes.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

There are 48 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)