aaa Sonar 8.5 - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Sonar 8.5

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/26             17-Sep-10  @  01:15 AM   -   RE: Sonar 8.5

sitar

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

yay! i ordered Sonar 8.5 Producer edition. should arrive next week. i haven't upgraded since Sonar 3.xx. i can't wait til it gets here. 

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/26             17-Sep-10  @  09:58 AM   -   RE: Sonar 8.5

NastyM

Link?:  No link

congratulations - currently using the same (what a treat) - it has some amazing synths in there.
nice to hear your intending to produce some more tunes - looking forward with anticipation 

Message 3/26             17-Sep-10  @  11:54 AM   -   RE: Sonar 8.5

sitar

Awesome. That's good to hear. I was just chatting with someone. It's amazing to think the predecessor to Sonar was the dorky albeit well engineered Cakewalk. My first DAW was Cakewalk 7. I found out why everyone was using Cubase or Logic. I'm sure someone who knew what they were doing could have pumped out great tracks with Cake too but I didn't exactly fall into the "knew what you were doing" category. In fact this might be hard to believe but midway through every track a little text bubble popped up over my track view..."Sitar, do you know what you're doing?" I'd be like *oh fuck you* and I'd close it. Then another would pop up on the other side, then another in the other corner, then another and another and another. People at dancetech kept asking, "Sitar, when are you going to post a track?" and I'd be like, "Oh fuck you too!" then I'd go back to chasing text bubbles. 

Oh yeah. True story.  :P 

Message 4/26             17-Sep-10  @  12:02 PM   -   RE: Sonar 8.5

k

lol, i dunno tho, remember cake5 was the only stable audio & midi sequencer until quite well into the 90's. Cubase audio back then was unusable and Logic didnt have audio

it's gonna be a big jump for you man, i tried Sonar producer demo last year and man it's come along way! the sidechaning is well implemented, and the included fx are superb!

nice one man!

I got my Drobo recently, videos going up today.... bit of a delay cos i had to change ISP - nice new toys eh Sitar! muahahahaha!

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 5/26             17-Sep-10  @  02:35 PM   -   RE: Sonar 8.5

sitar

grats on the Drobo K! 

definitely nice new toys. ncie to hear this is going to be a big jump. i don't expect things to happen overnight but if i still can't produce anything but shite tracks please hand me a stick of dynamite and a match, then step back. 

Message 6/26             17-Sep-10  @  03:19 PM   -   RE: Sonar 8.5

k

heh heh

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/26             20-Sep-10  @  03:26 AM   -   RE: Sonar 8.5

sitar

I'm really getting antsy waiting for it to arrive. Today I did some reading on wavetable synthesis. It's something I didn't really touch in Reaktor. Looks like fantastic stuff. 

Message 8/26             21-Sep-10  @  11:22 PM   -   RE: Sonar 8.5

sitar

it arrived! of course fedex came when i was at the grocery store so i had to go pick it up. i'm going to install it tomorrow and dig in. i don't know how long it will be before i get a track up but i'd play it safe and make sure your mute buttons are fully operational ahead of time.  

Message 9/26             22-Sep-10  @  04:15 PM   -   RE: Sonar 8.5

sitar

so far so good. runs smoothly. interface is great. i've found lots of improvements already. first synth i opened is pentagon because it's one i'm familiar with. forgot how much i love pentagon and it's sweeter now. i figured with all the new stuff i have to figure out using something familiar will be like a control amidst a lot of variables. beatscape seems really cool. took me a couple of minutes to figure out how to get a sound out of it. baby steps lol. 

Message 10/26             24-Sep-10  @  12:04 AM   -   RE: Sonar 8.5

sitar

I did a search for that Creakbox TB 303 plug. A link to DT came up and there it was. A review with a link to the site. The plug is still a free d/l!

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 26 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)