aaa Lol this is well funny - The lounge forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   The lounge

Subject: Lol this is well funny

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/13             26-Sep-10  @  11:53 AM   -   RE: Lol this is well funny

Malcolm Jeffery

Link?: Link

File?:  No file

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlZpSd2lRJQ

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/13             26-Sep-10  @  12:15 PM   -   RE: Lol this is well funny

k

omg!! lol "harry Potter is evil!!"

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 3/13             26-Sep-10  @  03:13 PM   -   RE: Lol this is well funny

sitar

that's hilarious. gives a new meaning to the Amen Break. 

Message 4/13             26-Sep-10  @  04:20 PM     Edit: 26-Sep-10  |  04:21 PM   -   RE: Lol this is well funny

Malcolm Jeffery

Just superb, to think Myself and Iam sure some members here used to jump about like that to the actual raves back in the day, Paradise club Islington, reincarnation Herne bay,Kings Cross,some dark tunnel under a bridge, who was at the one that was in that old building on the roundabout near waterloo Station (its an Imax now I think) like 9 different systems in there Aarrdvark sound systems being particulary good Hell yeah iam even sure Kilo was a raver, probably with white gloves and a whistle, lol
Malk.

Harry Potter is evil?

"The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S.Thompson -

Message 5/13             26-Sep-10  @  07:16 PM   -   RE: Lol this is well funny

sitar

Malcolm Jeffery wrote:

...to think Myself and Iam sure some members here used to jump about like that...

used to? i still do, just not in public.  :P

Message 6/13             26-Sep-10  @  07:34 PM     Edit: 26-Sep-10  |  07:36 PM   -   RE: Lol this is well funny

k

yeah harry potter is evil, re: the loony yank jesus freaks we will probably end up fighting a bloody great war with sometime in the future

and no white gloves thanks.

I had an idea for a script once. It's basically Jaws except when the guys in the boat are going after Jaws, they look around and there's an even bigger Jaws. The guys have to team up with Jaws to get Bigger Jaws.... I call it... Big Jaws!!!

Message 7/13             26-Sep-10  @  11:06 PM   -   RE: Lol this is well funny

sitar

OMG the woman's terrorizing those poor kids. She's simply disgusting. 

Message 8/13             27-Sep-10  @  04:37 PM   -   RE: Lol this is well funny

k

yeah it's pretty tragic. trouble is, this sort of cult christianity is spreading fast over your side of the pond.

No malk i was never a big time raver at all mate cos i prefered acid to biscuits and didnt want to fry my brain too much (and didnt really enjoy it if not tripping anyway) & also i had a kid already by then cos i was a bit older than most of the punters. Most times at first it was like old dole offices in places like Dalston, also there was a few nights at some old cinema in dalston, a disused church around the back of swiss cottage, i think some raver's dad was in the church of england and used to somehow get entry to disused churches, plus old disused factories & pubs etc (there was a pub behind euston station that had a few small all-night parties), also some bashes out in the country etc if they were non-clubs, including a few held in the grounds of minor stately homes, I'm sure zion train played chill-out at one of them. Some Whirlygig shoreditch do's, I'm sure i went sugarlump & spiral tribe too, possibly i also went to a club dog, (was that sometimes at The Rocket?, i used to go to something at the rocket anyway besides shaka gigs) also I remember solar quest alot of times, including playing on top of an ambulance (glasters i think that was), used to go to alot of Return To Source, especialy the new years bashes at brixton, a few nights at the the dome & bagleys occasionaly, I went to some nights at Ministry a few times before the big bust; i think there was one small place called soundshaft which did some small nights I went to a few times, megatripolis & club uk were my favs cos they were easy & had plenty of space to move around when you were tripping (cos i like to roam the venue rather than dance on one spot), also there was some club in the industrial estate by chelsea bridge, also there was some nights in new cross, bits and bobs really mate & usualy tripping by the time we got there & people would take me & often i had no idea where we were going cos they made all those decisions cos it was their scene.

See i wasnt really into the scene at all tbh cos i was already 30, worked all the time, but knew a few crusty & raver types from years of squatting in stokey & hackney and s.london who'd take me to stuff (and i had a motor so often i gave lifts). Mind you i've never been into scenes really mate, bit of a loner tbh. I'd just go and dance (cos i was really good on a dancefloor, i was 'King' of the london school of samba for a short while so trust me, i could move real good ;) ) but i never made a lifetyle out of it tbh, i didnt care for the 'after-party' life-style if you get me, i was more into running and being really fit then, not monging out all the time, plus i worked & had a kid to support, not on the dole all the time so it wasnt really my scene tbh in any full way. I only liked it tbh on the actual dancefloor which is what it's all about at the end of the day for me ;)

i also really didnt care for alot of the badly disguised, post-bash paranoia you'd see with alot of the younger trendy guys. The girls were always fun, but you used to get a few wierd moments with tripping youngsters who were struggling to deal with their reality when they were high, (if you get me), which i didnt care for at all. Like you'd get some wannabe star trendy rave guys failing badly to contain their bullshit while off their faces if you took over the dancefloor a bit & they got the hump. Most people if they reacted at all would just shake your hand at the end of the night, but you'd get a few dicks too with 'tude.

once the plebs got more into it this paranoia behaviour became more common and i had enuff by then tbh mate.

hehe, i didnt know u was a cheesy quaver mate?

Message 9/13             27-Sep-10  @  04:58 PM   -   RE: Lol this is well funny

Malcolm Jeffery

O yes played at a few, when white labels were the way forward, tbh if i had never gone raving and droped a few i would still be doing Jean michele Jare type stuff,
totaly opened my head to rhythm and sounds in a big way.

Been to a lot of Return to the source and all the above you mentioned almost,

had a tune out in 91/92 and a few more here and there.

Put together by myself and another guy, realeased by nick power under the  "ruff tuff wicked stuff", label was this tune done on an S950,with a juno sh101 sampled and some loops of records, and sequenced on the luverly atari st and cubase and the great high res mono chrome monitor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGHA2XgM0l0

Message 10/13             03-Oct-10  @  04:39 PM   -   RE: Lol this is well funny

Malcolm Jeffery

Bump see if you know the above tune, sold a few thousand white labels.

Pages: 1 2

There are 13 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)