aaa Novation make me a h/w seq. - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

08-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Novation make me a h/w seq.

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/27             17-Jan-98  @  11:11 PM   -   Novation make me a h/w seq.

storjorden

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Schaltwerke and Maq11 or whatever... But there all so expensive.. And there sure is a market for hardware patternbased sequencers! I know a lot of techno/trance producers that'd love to have one.. Plz make one..

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/27             19-Jan-98  @  11:36 AM   -   RE: Novation make me a h/w seq.

kilo

TRUE.....the markets wide open for a 10/20 song 16 track sequencer (with an on off switch for each track)

Message 3/27             19-Jan-98  @  07:03 PM   -   RE: Novation make me a h/w seq.

Thanks for the suggestion! We lovbe feedback!

Message 4/27             01-Mar-98  @  01:26 AM   -   RE: Novation make me a h/w seq.

avrex

The thing I don't understand is that EVERYONE wants a classic 'TR-909' style sequencer, yet no
company is planning/willing to make one. Does this make sense? The demand IS there (just take a look at how many MC-303's have been sold...).

Plus this isn't new technology, I'm sure something like this could be constructed and put to market in a matter of months.

Finally, if anyone is to make a hardware sequencer (TR-909 & additional tracks w/ arpegiator), it should be Novation... why? One word: DrumStation.

Message 5/27             19-Mar-98  @  09:17 PM   -   RE: Novation make me a h/w seq.

Phill

Yo! We love input tell us more!

Message 6/27             28-Jul-98  @  10:01 AM   -   RE: Novation make me a h/w seq.

kas

YES, make us a HW-seq.
So I can throw away my ews64, bacause I really hate it. I used to work with mmt8, it works fine, than I went to software and comps....s**ks.

So probably next month you'll have one for us

Message 7/27             28-Jul-98  @  01:59 PM   -   RE: Novation make me a h/w seq.

Muffy

A few weeks ago I requested the same thing (In the "Tell us What you want section") - namely a reliable hardware sequencer possibly with a touch screen a la Korg (maybe a bit expensive though). Personally, I'd like a hardware sequencer that has the same features as todays software sequencers - such as ability to import mixer maps etc. People may think this sounds stupid but it isn't. A well designed, dedicated hardware sequencer must be better than a PC/MAC for making music especially if it has a decent "man/machine" interface. Come on Novation - this will be your next big thing especially as the technology is already there - no need to develop proprietery (cant spell) chips. I for one would purchase one (if the price was right and it had the features mentioned).

Message 8/27             30-Jul-98  @  11:59 AM   -   RE: Novation make me a h/w seq.

Richie UK

Yes!, A hardware sequencer that makes it easy to enter controllers and nrpn's in steps. (I love those jerky filter/controller gates). I'm sick of cakewalk and cubase, I don't want to buy a hardware version of those programs. I wan't to be inspired!! (PS make the colour BLOW my eyes out!!!).

Richie (W'Mids)  

Message 9/27             31-Jul-98  @  01:14 PM   -   RE: Novation make me a h/w seq.

Yeah, make it BLACK

Message 10/27             05-Aug-98  @  04:05 AM   -   RE: Novation make me a h/w seq.

kilo

well, I have the design on paper....and it is a killer unit.. the sequencer to end all sequencers.... designed from a live show, fast working point of view.... my dream for live gigs and the studio... but more for live, cos i use an atari or pc to compose..... however this design has it all...... I'm always hassling Nova to make it... heh heh....maybe one day.....

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 27 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)