aaa Can supernova replace my prophecy and an1x - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

28-Apr-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Can supernova replace my prophecy and an1x

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/14             14-Jul-98  @  01:00 PM   -   Can supernova replace my prophecy and an1x

Kewa

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Can the supernova replace my Prophecy and Yamaha AN1x ?????

Am i more flexible with the supernova ?

Thanx,

Steve

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             14-Jul-98  @  05:27 PM   -   RE: Can supernova replace my prophecy and an1x

Phill

It depends what you want out of supernova. If you want Saxes etc. then Prophecy is great. If you want to make really good Analogue sounds the Supernova is very strong in this dept. Bothe the An1X an Prophecy have less polyphony, less outputs and less effects.

I say trust your ears.... You need to hear one.

Phill@Novation

Message 3/14             14-Jul-98  @  08:28 PM   -   RE: Can supernova replace my prophecy and an1x

trippler

Phil wrote: both the Prophecy and the An1X have less polyphony, less outputs ...
but they have more keys ;-)You cant replace them cause they both have their own charakter, but i think you can substitute every part of a song played with one of them by a similar and maybe better Supernova-Sound.
Greetz Stefan

Message 4/14             15-Jul-98  @  11:55 AM   -   RE: Can supernova replace my prophecy and an1x

Kewa

So, Stefan or Phill, I can replace the two parts I made with the proph and an1x by sound of the supernova and have another 6 parts available for other Supernova sounds ??

I also have a Drumstation and I wanted to get a SuperBass-Station, but I guess I'm gonna sell my proph and AN1x and buy a Supernova.

Please advice in this

Many thanx,
Steve.

PS Keep up the good work, I love my drumstation

Message 5/14             15-Jul-98  @  08:23 PM   -   RE: Can supernova replace my prophecy and an1x

Phill

Yep, Stephan is right, Every synth does have its own character. Some great, like the TB303 some not so great.

Digital synths seem to have this recurring problem to do with Resonace.

Try 100% resonance. They will do one of 2 things:

Go into Digital nasty overblast distortion in the filter or...

Limit the resonance so that it does not do the above.

The Supernova's filter is carefully engineered to re-create what actually happens in an ANALOGUE filter, No Overblast, Self Oscillation in the Filter and rather than a FUZZ effect before the Filter to emulate OVERDRIVE, proper modelling of the overdive effects that actually happen in the REAL THING. We belive this makes ALL the difference.

We based our Filter models on several classic synths and we think we have done them justice.

Phill@Novation

Message 6/14             15-Jul-98  @  09:10 PM   -   RE: Can supernova replace my prophecy and an1x

Mickey

Phill wrote:
>We based our Filter models on several classic >synths and we think we have done them justice.

IMHO absolutely. I'm glad that you didn't try to reproduce another 303 clone... they don't sound very nice... (risking a flame-war of 303 addicted amsterdam techno folks) -- M.

Message 7/14             16-Jul-98  @  05:11 PM   -   RE: Can supernova replace my prophecy and an1x

Phill

Yo Micky!
I like your sence of humour re risking Flame war!!!

The Supernova can be a really great 303 though I'm sure you'll agree!

I was pleased with the Velo 303 and Dist 303 programs which is why they are up at the front of A bank.

Message 8/14             21-Jul-98  @  08:09 PM   -   RE: Can supernova replace my prophecy and an1x

cyborg0

Well, i would think it overkill to use such an expensive synth for a 303...
Besides, whens that thing coming down in price? Too high for me and won't be replacing my analogues for a while at least..

Message 9/14             21-Jul-98  @  08:13 PM   -   RE: Can supernova replace my prophecy and an1x

Mickey

IMHO it is a fair price if you consider you get 8 multi-effect processors with it... anyway, you can wait and try your luck on the used instrument market... but I won't believe that someone will sell this instrument soon. -- M.

Message 10/14             22-Jul-98  @  11:17 AM   -   RE: Can supernova replace my prophecy and an1x

Muffy

For Sale : 32voice Supernova.
Offers in the region of £3000.
(Please dont reply - this is only a joke - there's no way I'd sell this thing).

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)