aaa Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 8

Original Message 1/79             01-Aug-98  @  10:08 PM   -   Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Yo Supernova Supporters!!

We are going to update the Factory sounds with version 3 OS to take advantage of new parameters. This presents an opportunity to update the factory sounds.

Please, Please advise your thoughts on the following:

Firstly what sounds in the Factory Sounds you think are useless!!

- we will delete these and add new ones...

What type of sounds do you want to see more of?

Please describe the sounds "You" want in detail. "More Pads" for example is not really enough, "Deep Atmosphere AKA Korg Wavestation" is better.

If you have any sounds you think kick a___ for the Supernova then please send to me @ p.macdonald@btinternet.com.

We are going to compile a new set of factory sounds for Version 3 OS of Supernova. Any comments welcome. All older versions of factory sounds will be available on our internet site.
http://www.nova-uk.com.

Cheers,
Phill@Novation

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/79             06-Aug-98  @  08:27 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

Hey we want feed back! Tell me what sounds you want in the Supernova....Unless of course your all totally satisifed with the factories?

Phill @ Novation

Message 3/79             07-Aug-98  @  03:31 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Muffy

Dont worry.....Give us a bit of time. I'm going thru the sounds and making notes of which ones I personally dont like. But I can tell you, its very difficult because virtually all the sounds are useable.

Please DO NOT put any "real" instrument emulations on - I've got more than enough tubas, harpsichords and oboe sounds.

My only comment would be that the Brassy patches arn't very useable (but with a few tweaks even these can become killer sounds)

Of course lots of people will disagree with the above - so come on everybody, its not often a synth manufacturer asks us what WE want - make the most of it.

Message 4/79             07-Aug-98  @  09:29 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

gclutterbuck

I am VERY impressed with the Supernova in the 4 days that I've had it. Well done!
It's good to see the operating system being upgraded regularly, although I get error messages when trying to upgrade through Cubase VST (even after slowing down the speed of transfer).
As far as OS3 is concerned, any chance of emulating sounds that are familiar from popular artists/producers? i.e. Vince Clark (Erasure)/Pet Shop Boys/William Orbit/Stock-Aitken-Waterman type sounds.

Also, will there be a facility provided by Novation for additional sets of sounds to download, either from Novation or by sounds uploaded from users?

Thank you, in advance.

Gary Clutterbuck

Message 5/79             08-Aug-98  @  03:36 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

I'll give you a hint about cubase. I've done the update through vst and if you have the sequencer sending midi clock, it will choke.

I should talk though. I don't know the problem yet, but I get a thorough thrashing from the Supernova after playing with it for a few minutes. Huge digital noise overtakes the sound output, and I don't know why. I think it is related to the OS2 that I installed, because when OS1 gets put back on, the problem disappears. I need some help on this  (

If I can ever get it working, I will give my patch request/review ASAP. For the most part, I like spacy sounds, bouncy, blippy, and boingy ones, too. Oh, and here's one: how about a real trickly filter sweep where the filter sounds like glass chimes going up or down the harmonic spectrum. Put that in your delay and smoke it  )

Message 6/79             08-Aug-98  @  03:38 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

brian

Sorry, the above message was sent without my email address.

Message 7/79             08-Aug-98  @  11:54 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Mickey

>Also, will there be a facility provided by Novation for >additional sets of sounds to download, either from >Novation or by sounds uploaded from >users?

Sure. http://supernova.home.pages.de is open for that... if you've made some original sounds, post them and I'll make them available online. However, we don't have patches online yet... just waiting for submissions  

Message 8/79             10-Aug-98  @  07:22 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

We plan to realease sounds from our downloads part of this site as we create banks. I plan these to be bank D dumps. None available yet. I am still workin on em!!

Phill

Message 9/79             15-Aug-98  @  02:17 AM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

peterkadar

First of all, I think it's great that the manufacturers are asking us what we want. As far as factory sounds are concerned, I think the point about not including acoustic emulations is a good one, because most of us have sample playback synths, or dedicated samplers to do this sort of thing. I hear that the ones that are present in the machine ie, electric pianos, etc, are quite good. But on the whole, I think the day has passed where we're trying to play tuba patches on our JX3P's. I also think that the "Artist Series" thing is a good idea. Maybe invite them to do some of the programs themselves! The sampling market has seen this type of approach before.

Message 10/79             17-Aug-98  @  01:30 PM   -   RE: Supernova OS3 & Factory Sounds

Phill

The inclusion of EP's in the factories was because they are coming back in fashion over here ( usually heavily phased ) in Garage Music. Hence the emphasis in the Factory demo, Brooker T remixes etc. There is no plan to include tuba's etc!

What I would like to know is:

Do you want more ambient/ paddy/Strings stuff?
Do you want more analogue stuff?
Do you want more Hard/Distorted stuff?
Do you want more arpeggiated stuff?

Phill@Novation

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 8

There are 79 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)