aaa Supernova and sequencer midi thru OFF - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

05-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: Supernova and sequencer midi thru OFF

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/14             12-Oct-98  @  10:21 AM   -   Supernova and sequencer midi thru OFF

Kewa

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

If I want to record the arpeggiator
in Cubase it seems i have to put the sequencers Midi thru to Off.
Is this normal ??

The problem is: if the midi thru in cubase is set to Off my masterkeyboard doesn't effect the arpeggio anymore.

So i can record an arpeggio but no arpeggio changes.

What am i doing wrong ???

Steve.

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/14             12-Oct-98  @  01:25 PM   -   RE: Supernova and sequencer midi thru OFF

Mickey

Can you switch off Midi-Through for a specific device
or just globally ?

-Mickey.

Message 3/14             12-Oct-98  @  02:43 PM   -   RE: Supernova and sequencer midi thru OFF

Phill

If you are using a Merge box to merge the master KBD output with supernova's out this is normal. The supernova cannot interperet the difference between its outputted Arp notes that are being feed Thru and the Master keyboards notes.

If your setup is not as above please advise.

Phill@Novation

Message 4/14             12-Oct-98  @  02:48 PM   -   RE: Supernova and sequencer midi thru OFF

Phill

If you are using a Merge box to merge the master KBD output with supernova's out this is normal. The supernova cannot interperet the difference between its outputted Arp notes that are being feed Thru and the Master keyboards notes.

If your setup is not as above please advise.

Phill@Novation

Message 5/14             13-Oct-98  @  09:45 AM   -   RE: Supernova and sequencer midi thru OFF

Kewa

Hi Phill,

You hit the spot,
This is exactly our setup !

The MKB's out is merged with the out of the nova.
What's the solution ?

Thanks,

Steve !

Message 6/14             14-Oct-98  @  01:44 PM   -   RE: Supernova and sequencer midi thru OFF

Phill

There is no simple one. Any unit that has an Arp like this will suffer the same problem.

Solutions are as follows:

Disconnect MIDI OUT of Supernova.
Disable "Thru" on Cubase.

Both these may not be acceptable.

The Best Solution is to set the Supernova's "Arpeggio notes to:l" parameter ( Found in the Arpeggiator Menu of the Program ) to "Program".

Resave (write) the Program.

This Program will now only transmit Arp Data to Supernova's synth engine and NOT OUTPUT THE ARP OVER MIDI.

Note this is Program Specific. i.e. Each Arp Program in memory will have to be modified like this if you want to continue using the Supernova in this application.

Hope this helps.

Phill@Novation

Message 7/14             16-Nov-98  @  10:12 AM   -   RE: Supernova and sequencer midi thru OFF

Kewa

Phill,

Isn't it possible to implement an arpeggio Transmit Channel in the Global Menu ??? like in the AN1x ????

Just a Thought !

Cheers,
Steve

Message 8/14             16-Nov-98  @  08:00 PM   -   RE: Supernova and sequencer midi thru OFF

Phill

Not really sure what you mean...

The TX channel of the Arp is determined by the Global Channel setting in Program made and the Part Channel setting in Perf mode...

Output of MIDI notes of the arp is possible if the "Arpeggio notes to" parameter in Arp Menu is set to MIDI ONLY or Program & MIDI. Note: this is program specific...

Phill@Novation

Message 9/14             17-Nov-98  @  10:55 AM   -   RE: Supernova and sequencer midi thru OFF

kewa

Phill,

In the an1x you can select
the midi channel on wich the
midi notes will be send.
this to control other equipment with the an1x.
This was also the case in Roland's MC505.

The goal is to let an arpeggio played on part 4
send the midi notes i.e.
to part 4 or to my AN1x or any other equipment!

This to avoid the problem mentioned in the beginning of this thread.

Greets

Steve.

Message 10/14             17-Nov-98  @  08:43 PM   -   RE: Supernova and sequencer midi thru OFF

Phill

OK...I still am not sure about the application...

setting the arp to "midi only" on Arp Menu: Arpeggio notes to parameter will out put MIDI and not play SN.

The sequencer however will re-map any MIDI coming from SN to the selected channel...

I suspect this is the problem...MIDI thru of in the sequencer...

We have added local off parameter in Globla to make this easyer in OS3 due soon...

Phill@Novtion

Pages: 1 2

There are 14 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)