aaa More tb's please - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

10-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: More tb's please

Pages: 1 2

Original Message 1/18             10-Feb-99  @  08:37 PM   -   More tb's please

Willy

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

Hi just one point about new factory sounds for os3.Can we please have more tb-303 sounds as these are an intergal component of almost all types of dance music. In the manual it says that one of the aims in the design of the supernova was the emulation of the 303. Yet there is only one convincing 303 sound "303 Dist".

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/18             11-Feb-99  @  04:49 PM   -   RE: More tb's please

Why not try and make your own.

Message 3/18             15-Feb-99  @  11:22 PM   -   RE: More tb's please

Willy

Don't worry i have but a greater selection in the presets as well would be even better. As you can never have enough tb's.

Message 4/18             16-Feb-99  @  05:31 PM   -   RE: More tb's please

ktz318s

Buy the real thing !

Message 5/18             16-Feb-99  @  09:07 PM   -   RE: More tb's please

Willy

I have a Roland Tb-303 with kentons 5 part socet kit as well. But i would like to be able to run 4 or 5 convincing 303's at the same time. There ain't no way i can afford that many.

Message 6/18             17-Feb-99  @  08:21 PM   -   RE: More tb's please

lostwire

A better alternative than buying the original TB 303 is Future Retro's analog 777 @ http://www.angelfire.com/biz2/FutureRetro/index.html

I just received mine a few weeks ago & this thing sounds EXACTLY like a 303! But you can get a lot more out of it then just the 303 sound. It's well crafted (metal case with wood ends), & it has a digital pattern sequencer.

Message 7/18             17-Feb-99  @  08:28 PM   -   RE: More tb's please

Phill

Or you could buy a Supernova and get 8 Polyphonic ones...

Cheers

Message 8/18             17-Feb-99  @  11:51 PM   -   RE: More tb's please

lostwire

The Supernova does have a very nice 303 emulation. The only drawback is the time you need to spend editing your notes in the sequencer to get the feel of the TB's pattern sequencer. The 777 does this instantly & frees up your SN for other tasks.

Message 9/18             18-Feb-99  @  11:52 AM   -   RE: More tb's please

Paul

Hey ! why not ditch the 303 sound altogether.

If you really want the 303 sound just use ReBirth. It's spot on and costs $150.00.

But.. it's old, cliched and frankly just over used. It may be a common sound but electonic music is so much more diverse and you are unlikely to get notice as just another 303 copycat as everyone is doing it.

I finally got to play with the SN and it's really good. I may even buy a Nova on the strength of it (although i would have preferred an even more cut down version)but buying one for a TB303 sound is just bloody sad.

The TB303 makes loads of different sounds (ok variations on a theme but they are different). Most people only recognise the sound of the 303 when it is distorted and the filters are swept.

Using the 303 sound now is certailny no more creative than using the presets on any old S+S machine. The SN is a great box, just forget about the tired old 303 sound and lets move on to even better stuff.

Surely those of you who are fed up with the whole distored guitar rock scene can see that continueing the use of the standard 303 sound will ultimately lead to electro/techno music going the same way (in fact the house scene is already there right now (it's still fun sometimes though)).

Paul

Message 10/18             18-Feb-99  @  01:48 PM   -   RE: More tb's please

lostwire

I seriously doubt anyone bought the SN for the 303 sounds alone, & it seems silly to think the sound of the 303 will put an end to electronic music. That's a rather elitist way of thinking, in my opinion. What's happening in the rock scene has little to do with the sound of electric guitars. It's how you move people with your music that really matters. Look at painters. They've been using the same basic tools for ages with quite different results. Besides, musicians have always gone to the past for an old sound to create new styles with. Whatever turns you on.

Pages: 1 2

There are 18 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)