aaa drum and bass - Synths & synthesis forums
skin: 1 2 3 4 |  Login | Join Dancetech |

dancetech forums

16-May-2024

Info-line:   [synths]    [sampler]    [drumbox]    [effects]    [mixers]     [mics]     [monitors]    [pc-h/ware]    [pc-s/ware]    [plugins]    -    [links]    [tips]

Search forums House rules Live chat Login to access your admin About dancetech forums Forum home Start a new topic

Forums   -   Synths & synthesis

Subject: drum and bass

Pages: 1 2 3

Original Message 1/24             12-Apr-99  @  08:33 AM   -   drum and bass

z8818525

Link?:  No link

File?:  No file

hi, I'm thinking about getting a supernova but was wondering if anyone on here does d&b and whether you think the snv is good for d&b, for inyafacebass. Say compared to jp8000,Z1 nord etc.

thanks for your time and thoughts
craig

[ back to forum ]              [quote]

Message 2/24             12-Apr-99  @  09:00 AM   -   drum and bass

z8818525

hi, I'm thinking about getting a supernova but was wondering if anyone on here does d&b and whether you think the snv is good for d&b, for inyafacebass. Say compared to jp8000,Z1 nord etc.

thanks for your time and thoughts
craig

Message 3/24             12-Apr-99  @  09:31 AM   -   RE: drum and bass

Phill

Bottom end is what your asking I think...

I'm Biased but I personally think it's got a better bottom end than many you'd see on a Sydney beach!!! ( Only joking!!)

Bottom end is good...I've developed several d&b / Jungle programs for forthcoming V3 Sound banks...

Only thing I would say is you should check it out...

Phill@Novation

Message 4/24             12-Apr-99  @  10:35 AM   -   RE: drum and bass

gamma

I write drum and bass, and the supernova is perfect for it. I concentrate mainly on organic, non-harmonic sounds, and the modulation possiblilties on the supernova allow the creation of some VERY fluid sounds indeed. I love it. I have also found that the new OS adds even greater depth and realism to sounds I have already used in drum and bass tracks.

Message 5/24             12-Apr-99  @  11:56 AM   -   RE: drum and bass

z8818525

thanks gamma and phill, I'm checking it out this weekend, the snv that is not the beach, I don't go to the beach, but I'm sure there's something there for everyone, MR fussy

thanks
craig

Message 6/24             13-Apr-99  @  12:22 AM   -   RE: drum and bass

alex.ayres

for drum and bass the nova is too smooth. the JP8000 has a really hard dirty quality that is ideally suited to dark angry bass sounds.

Message 7/24             13-Apr-99  @  10:57 AM   -   RE: drum and bass

Phill

You havent heard the new sounds for V3 yet...Yes there are a lot of fat things in the voicing at present...but it can easily be aggressive...

Whatch this space...

Phill@Novation

Message 8/24             14-Apr-99  @  01:19 AM   -   RE: drum and bass

alex.ayres

Phil,

i dont care about the preset sounds. i always use my own, and the JP is the best instument for Drum and Bass in my opinion.

Ive realized recently why this is. The Nova is just trying to do too much with all its FX etc. But the key difference between the JP and the Supernova is the attack of the sound. The JP8000 has a real thump to it whereas the Nova attacks slower and therefore looses alot of its rhythmic impact.

Message 9/24             14-Apr-99  @  10:18 AM   -   RE: drum and bass

Phill

One of the key differeneces about our stuff from others is the fact that our ENVs are done at Audio rates...

That means our envs can opn very very very fast...I know you are wrong.

Phill

Message 10/24             14-Apr-99  @  10:26 AM   -   RE: drum and bass

gamma

Alex, I disagree. The envelopes on the supernova cut in faster than my Akai sampler! Attack settings of 7 or less are super-fast. perhaps we could get together and compare notes?

Pages: 1 2 3

There are 24 total messages for this topic

Reply to Thread

You need to register/login to use the forum.

Click here  to Signup or Login !

[you'll be brought right back to this point after signing up]

Back to Forum

Mozilla/5.0 AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko; compatible; ClaudeBot/1.0; +claudebot@anthropic.com)